Windows 10: Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked?

Discus and support Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got the notification that my upgrade was available from windows 7 Home Prem. I followed the instructions and did a normal upgrade, not a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by beaker, Aug 7, 2015.

1. beaker Win User

Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked?

I got the notification that my upgrade was available from windows 7 Home Prem. I followed the instructions and did a normal upgrade, not a clean install. All my personal files are still on the PC as are my bookmarks etc.

Windows 10 is working fine, but says it's not activated. It shows the last 5 digits of the product key info, and they are different from my previous windows 7 key, so somehow they have automatically changed. My windows 7 key obviously doesn't work to activate 10 either.

I get an error code Error code: 0xC004C003 - The activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked??

At no point in the upgrade did I change or enter any product keys. I just followed the on screen instructions.

What should I do now? I can roll back to 7 but when I upgrade again I assume the same thing will happen?

:)

beaker, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 not activated in Dell laptop

Checked on Dell website w.r.t product and it says that product is tested for Windows 10 upgrade. Upgraded to Windows10 but activation shows "Windows is not activated" Error code : 0xC004C003

Previous version : Windows 8.1

Upgraded via free upgrade available via that windows icon on the task bar

Error Description: The activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked

Laptop Make and model : Dell Inspiron 15R

RamyaPanicker, Aug 7, 2015
  3. nemtna Win User
    Won't activate after clean install

Error code: 0xC004C003

Error description: The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked.

This particular laptop has been running Windows 10 Insider Preview since January and was activated.

nemtna, Aug 7, 2015
  4. beaker Win User

I rolled back to 7, checked everything was fine it was definitely activated, and all updates installed. I then followed the upgrade procedures again, but am having the same error with trying to activating. This is very frustrating.

beaker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Max Pen Win User
    During upgrade you skip the part were you enter a key and all should be fine.

Max Pen, Aug 7, 2015
  6. beaker Win User
    At no point during the upgrade did windows ask for a key, and I never entered one.

beaker, Aug 7, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    I've just looked at your specs and it's a laptop so it will be OEM, if you have never entered the license key into it then it will be using the manufacturers generic key and this may be the problem.

Try changing your Windows 7 product key to the one on the license sticker that should be somewhere on your laptop and then upgrade - Product Key Number - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

z3r010, Aug 7, 2015
  8. beaker Win User

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a go and report back.

beaker, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    A problem for MS - because OEM's use a Bios Marker..
    Until windows 8 - Dell's would all pull the same activation key for the OS edition

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  10. I did a Windows 7 OEM upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 7 was using the OEM-SLP key, the common OEM key, not the one on the COA sticker. I wasn't prompted to enter a key and it activated without issue.

alphanumeric, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Forgot to mention, I got a new Windows 10 key during the upgrade. It was a common key though, not one unique to my PC. I've since done a clean install on that PC and just skipped entering a product key. Activated with no issues.

alphanumeric, Aug 7, 2015
  12. beaker Win User
    I rolled back to Windows 7, again, so I could enter the product key from the sticker on the bottom of my pc and then try the upgrade. The issue now is I'm not given the option in 7 to enter the product key. The link just is not there in the system page of the control panel. I have two toshiba laptops and neither give me the opportunity to enter it. I have windows 7 on a tablet and it does allow me to enter a key, but on the laptop's that option isn't there?

beaker, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked? - Similar Threads - Activation server determined

2. Blocked Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked Product Key: Hello i bought a HP Pavilion p6-2301sx in 2013 in 2016 the motherboard died so i replaced it with a GA-H61M-S2PT but i didn't issue a hardware change report so back in may of this year i managed to restore the original os only to find that the product key of MY PC had been...
  3. Blocked Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked Product Key: Hello i bought a HP Pavilion p6-2301sx in 2013 in 2016 the motherboard died so i replaced it with a GA-H61M-S2PT but i didn't issue a hardware change report so back in may of this year i managed to restore the original os only to find that the product key of MY PC had been...
  4. 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...

0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When trying to activate Windows11 through the bat file provided by my schoolThis error won't appear when activating Windows 10...
  5. 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When trying to activate Windows11 through the bat file provided by my schoolThis error won't appear when activating Windows 10...
  6. The Product Key has been Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  7. The Product Key has been Blocked

The Product Key has been Blocked: Dear Team Support Microsoft,I have a problem with entering the original product key Windows 7 Profesional, I get a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Profesional system and, when I enter the original product key I get "The product key you...
  8. Error code: 0xC004C003 Error Description: The activation key has been blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 0xC004C003 Error Description: The activation key has been blocked: Got my HP Stream 11 - 6 years ago with Win 8 preinstalled product key included. Since then upgrade to 8.1 and a year ago probably Windows 10. Needless to say performance was poor due to 2Gig of RAM and 30gig HD. But back then it was mandatory...Decided to roll back to Win 8.1...
  9. Error code: 0xC004C003 Error Description: The activation key has been blocked

Error code: 0xC004C003 Error Description: The activation key has been blocked: Got my HP Stream 11 - 6 years ago with Win 8 preinstalled product key included. Since then upgrade to 8.1 and a year ago probably Windows 10. Needless to say performance was poor due to 2Gig of RAM and 30gig HD. But back then it was mandatory...Decided to roll back to Win 8.1...
  10. Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could...

in Windows 10 News
    Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could...: [ATTACH]Did you recently encounter Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004C008 on your computer screen? […] This article Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could not be used first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked

2. the activation server determined the specified product key is blocked windows 10 pro

3. the activation determined the specified product key has been blocked

4. the activation server determined blocked kms,
  5. the activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked,
  6. the activation server determined that the specific,
  7. ispoofer activation key free ban blocked info,
  8. the activation server determined blocked,
  9. kms server the activation determined the specific product key is blocked