Windows 10: Activation

Discus and support Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to 10. Here is a pic of the activation status. Even If i clean install 10, It won't ask for key rite? [img] 9320 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bagavan, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bagavan Win User

Activation

I upgraded to 10.

Here is a pic of the activation status. Even If i clean install 10, It won't ask for key rite?

Activation [​IMG]

:)

bagavan, Jul 28, 2015

2. Can't Activate newly purchased windows 10 home

hi, I used the usb boot tool and installed windows 10S on my laptop. I realized I couldn't download anything not from the app store so I purchased windows 10 home. I was given a product key but it is not accepted in the activation settings. Just trying to
    get this laptop operable.

Thanks

Activation Questionssss, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Activation "Unable to reach Windows activation servers"

Hi Michael,

Based on the details provided on this thread, if you replaced an hardware, it will affect the activation of your
    Windows 10 since it is using a digital entitlement which our server will collect the data of your hardware to use it as reference for activation. In regards with the error message, you can refer to the article entitled
    "Unable to reach Windows activation
    servers" error after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary
    . In this article, there are instructions and on how to troubleshoot the error message.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Activation

Hey mate,

When you upgrade with the free reserved copy from the GWX app on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, Windows 10 has a generic key included that will activate it.

If you clean or upgrade install Windows 10 without doing the above first, Windows 10 will not be activated.

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. bagavan Win User
    I had reserved through GWX but I used the media creation tool and directly upgraded.

So my activation is in order as it should be.

Note I upgraded from activated 8.1 PRO to 10 PRO.

bagavan, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, you should be good to go. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Activation

1. Activation - Similar Threads - Activation

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  5. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  6. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  7. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  8. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  10. windows fails to activate after bios update

windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...