Windows 10: Activations servers broken ? after cumulative update on CU edition

Discus and support Activations servers broken ? after cumulative update on CU edition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there Never had any trouble with activation until after the cumulative updates on the CU edition Now I'm seeing this : [img] I've no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, May 11, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Activations servers broken ? after cumulative update on CU edition

Hi there

Never had any trouble with activation until after the cumulative updates on the CU edition

Now I'm seeing this :

Activations servers broken ? after cumulative update on CU edition [​IMG]

I've no trouble with using things like personalisation - don't get "Windows must be activated" message.
    The only thing that so far doesn't work is accessing the Store - but I don't care about that anyway.

Previous release (pre updates) is activated so something seems wrong here !!!

If I try and do it manually it says "Cant find digital licence" or something equivalent.

This is a bog standard windows + office system with no 3rd party products installed, no torrent software etc.
    I'm only using a LOCAL account though -- Will windows in future only activate via an Ms account -- I hope NOT !!!!.

Any ideas -- BTW before someone asks the obvious question -- my Internet is working perfectly - connections just fine and no new hardware added.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 11, 2017

2. Error Code: 0x80070643 (SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 [KB3070446] can't install security updates)

Apparently the procedure didn't install the update, but only deleting the error message. After a while the error message came back.

Attempt to do the recommended procedure by Alberto Morello on Feb. 22, 2016 also didn't work out.

The error update list is now even getting two more additional updates that are resulting update error as follows:

• Microsoft SQL Server 2014 RTM Cumulative Update (CU) 14 KB3158271.
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP1 Cumulative Update (CU) 7 KB3162659.

Anyone got any idea to resolve the problem?

WaskitaIndrasutanta, May 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update shown Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP1 Cumulative Update (CU) 7 KB3162659 - Error 0x80070643

Windows 10 professional update shown, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP1 Cumulative Update (CU) 7 KB3162659 - Error 0x80070643

How to fix it?

Seksit Yodpetch, May 11, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

Update on this one

I went back to version 1607. Digital license OK and Windows was marked as activated.

Activations servers broken ? after cumulative update on CU edition [​IMG]

Now I did the update to CU -- got the same problem !!! - this was BEFORE adding the latest cumulative batch of updates.

So I did an update from a previously activated W7 system using the image ISO - and refused the latest batch of CU updates and then everything worked.

There's definitely something strange with both the CU edition itself AND the latest batch of updates for the CU edition. APPLY THEM WITH CARE AND TAKE BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, May 11, 2017
  5. I had some activation issues on my Enterprise installs using my MAK key. Education too I think? Running slmgr /ato from an admin command prompt fixed it and activated them. I do think something is messed up on the activation servers.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Activations servers broken ? after cumulative update on CU edition - Similar Threads - Activations servers broken

2. Cumulative update broken KB5032190

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update broken KB5032190: Recently. With the below update, I have been experiencing where it reaches 25%, starts going in a small bootloop when it reaches 26% every time. Then starts rolling back, and just goes back to the current update.2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...
  3. Cumulative update broken KB5032190

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update broken KB5032190: Recently. With the below update, I have been experiencing where it reaches 25%, starts going in a small bootloop when it reaches 26% every time. Then starts rolling back, and just goes back to the current update.2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...
  4. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  5. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  6. Activation broken by latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation broken by latest update?: Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?...
  7. Windows update broken POP server access??

in Browsers and Email
    Windows update broken POP server access??: Hi there, Im not sure whether or not this is a Windows issue. I initially thought that Norton Security was the most likely culprit, but I can find no evidence that such is the case, so I wonder if a recent Windows 10 update may be responsible Im being driven mad. Having...
  8. Not activated windows, cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not activated windows, cumulative updates?: This is what happened. I bought my computer from dell with windows 10 pro installed, I did not get an activation code. I reinstalled windows thinking that the activation code was set in the bios or whatever, it was not. Apparently that was implemented after I bought my...
  9. Bluetooth Issue after CU update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issue after CU update: Hi, right after doing the CU update, i paired again my bluetooth keyboard and now I have some issues with it, When i'm away for like 10 minute my keyboard is going to "sleep mode" to use less battery as possible so it's not connected to bluetooth anymore but when I push...
  10. Cannot download the CU update ISO on my FAST linux server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download the CU update ISO on my FAST linux server: Hi there Seems Ms will only let you download the ISO from a Windows machine -- I've got a Mega fast Linux server (download speed almost 1 Gib/s) but am forced to use a slower Windows machine (on a different network with around 50 Mib/s). - The network speed here is not a...