Windows 10: Active networks not showing

Discus and support Active networks not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! Good day to all! I just want to ask for your help in solving this problem I encountered on my laptop. As shown in the attachments, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cruzar, Nov 7, 2015.

1. cruzar Win User

Active networks not showing

Hi!

Good day to all! I just want to ask for your help in solving this problem I encountered on my laptop. As shown in the attachments, I am connected to a wireless network but the connection is not showing on the Network and Sharing Center active networks. Also, I am unable to change my Network Location from Public to Private as there is no link on the Homegroup page. I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and already updated wifi drivers. Please help and TYIA! *Smile

Active networks not showing [​IMG]

Active networks not showing [​IMG]

:)

cruzar, Nov 7, 2015

2. wifi 2 networks not showing in available networks for usb adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the device is compatible with Windows 10. Also, I suggest you to install the drivers for Alfa AWUS036NEH USB adapter in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 7, 2015
  3. wifi 2 networks not showing in available networks for usb adapter

HP Pavilion 17 laptop, about 2 yrs old, had win8 upgraded to 8.1 then win10

Trying to use alfa AWUS036NEH usb adapter.

The wifi networks are available for WIFI 1 for the onboard network adapter which works fine.

The problem is I am trying to use a USB long range usb adapter.

This shows up in settings as WIFI 2 and show the available networks.

However it doesn't show up in available networks to actually pick to connect to. When I had win 8.1 it showed both sets of available networks.

I checked device manager and tried to update the driver but it says its up to date.

Is there a way to get it to show the WIFI 2 networks to connect to?

travisteeXP, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Active networks not showing

I am having the exact same issue. It's keeping windows update from starting as well *Sad

Legacy7070, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Railtech Win User
    You should remove the existing connection and create a new connection which will allow you to specify the connection type.

To remove the existing connection click the start button and choose Settings, then choose Network and Internet, then choose Manage WiFi settings. At the bottom of the resulting window you will see all Manage known networks. Select the connection you are having trouble with by click on that connection and choose forget which will remove that connection from the list.

You cna now setup the connection again in the Network and Sharing Center with the desired settings.

Railtech, Jan 8, 2016
  6. lwburke1 Win User
    While this thread appears to be a few months old, I had a lot of trouble with a similar issue that I did finally resolve in a way not listed here. In my situation I had some Internet connectivity, but the Edge browser would not connect. While troubleshooting I soon discovered the Windows Update service had stopped working because it also could not connect. The commonly-published solution was to change the network profile from "Public" to "Private." That sounded easy enough, but the trouble was when I went to the place to change it there was no option to do so. Windows kept telling I had no active networks from which to choose. No amount of tinkering, including reinstalling the adapter, updating the network driver, refreshing Windows - or any other of the dozens of suggestions that I found, for that matter - was working. Just when I was thinking about doing a complete new installation of Windows (which I was dreading) it occurred to me to look at the registry. That's where I found my solution.

I ran across an article about a different issue that suggested deleting unwanted network profiles in the registry. I had a look at my registry and noticed I had several profiles, some with seemingly invalid values. On a whim I uninstalled my network adapter and proceeded to delete every network profile in the NetworkList sub-key. Bingo. On restart Windows reinstalled the adapter and created a fresh new profile - it even prompted me on the desired configuration. Now the profile correctly shows up under Active Networks, has all the appropriate config settings and all Windows services connect to the Internet just fine - including Edge.

Here's the location of the NetworkList sub-key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList. I had to clean out sub-keys "Nla," "Profiles" and "Signatures\Unmanaged."

All the usual registry "don't try this at home" warnings apply.

lwburke1, May 17, 2016
  7. Railtech Win User
    Very nice fix indeed! Thanks for posting.

Railtech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Active networks not showing

1. Active networks not showing - Similar Threads - Active networks showing

2. Network not active at startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not active at startup: I have windows 10, and on each start up there is no network connection. I have learned that if I disable my ethernet connection and then enable it, the network connection becomes active. This happens so consistently that I've even written a .bat file to disable and enable the...
  3. Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?

Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?: Dear all I have often used Windows own inbuilt Resource Monitor Network, to monitor upload and download traffic in real-time on my PC. 1. Can I be sure, that Resource Monitor Network show all and every network activity on my PC? And that there is no download / upload...
  4. Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?

Does Resource Monitor Network show all network activity on my PC?: Dear all I have often used Windows own inbuilt Resource Monitor Network, to monitor upload and download traffic in real-time on my PC. 1.Can I be sure, that Resource Monitor Network show all and every network activity on my PC?And that there is no download / upload activity,...
  5. Network not showing

Network not showing: Hi If I know the IP address of the other computer on my network, is there a way to use that IP to log onto that computer? The networked computers do not always show in the "Network" page in file explorer. I was wondering if I could just use the IP of the computer on the...
  6. Network not showing

Network not showing: Hi I have an odd problem. I have a few networked computers, and for some reason, I now cannot see one of those computers on the "Network" screen. I used to always be able to see this computer and get files from it. The truly odd thing is, this "Main" computer which does...
  7. Network not showing

Network not showing: Hello, I have 1 desktop running windows 10 pro upgrade from windows 7 pro and a laptop running windows 7 pro, I wanted to do network sharing with my laptop and desktop so that I can save disk space for 1 or 2 days it was fine but now I can see my laptop in network discovery...
  8. Networks not showing

Networks not showing: Last night my computer was fine, i had internet and could play games/browse the web. However, this morning when I opened my computer, I had no internet suddenly. I checked if i was connected and there were no networks to even connect to. I usually have atleast 10 networks...
  9. Active Network

Active Network: Hi all, I had a problem with Windows 10 Pro (version 1511 build 10586.36) while i connect Network by Wifi and Ethernet OK ( ping, use web brower...) but i cannot Update Windows, Access Windows Store... [img] i check Network Properties [img] How can i fix that...
  10. active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.

active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am.: I had windows 8.1 and my homegroup was set up. Everything worked properly. The was an update i believe but I hadnt needed any files from my other pc so it went unnoticed if thats what caused it. At any rate I couldnt connect to the homegroup with my laptop. I tried all my...