Windows 10: Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top

Discus and support Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with the underline beneath the active taskbar icons. I find them hard to see and they get hidden by my tablets case. So I moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gambler, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Gambler Win User

Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top

I have a problem with the underline beneath the active taskbar icons. I find them hard to see and they get hidden by my tablets case.

So I moved the taskbar to the top of the screen. Should have known, because of syncing this automatically moved the taskbar on my desktop as well, but what really choked me was the underline became an overline and its still on the outside and still hidden by the tablets case.

At least it proved its possible to have the line on top, but how? Registry tweak anyone?

:)

Gambler, Jul 9, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

hovering opens links

If some thing is open even if covered by another process or app there is an underline on the taskbar. If you move the mouse pointer to that icon there will popup a small view of the process. If you click on the pop up it will open fully to its size which
    may not be full screen.

lacrumb, Jul 9, 2015
  3. taskbar icons no underline

Hello, it is supposed that my accent color will be used to underline the taskbar icons of apps that are running, but for some reason they are not working, i cannot know easily which applications are running or no from my taskbar. Please help.

joaquin.ponssa, Jul 9, 2015
Thema:

Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top

1. Active Taskbar Icon Underline - how to move it to the top - Similar Threads - Active Taskbar Icon

2. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  3. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  4. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  5. Taskbar move to top

Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  6. How to move the taskbar to the top of the display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar to the top of the display: Why is it not possible to move the task bar on the top of the display? I read to change the registry setting FE to 01, but unfortunately after a restart of the explorer it is changed back to 03 and it stay at the bottom of it. I work with a taskbar on the top since... forever...
  7. How to move the taskbar to the top of the display

How to move the taskbar to the top of the display: Why is it not possible to move the task bar on the top of the display? I read to change the registry setting FE to 01, but unfortunately after a restart of the explorer it is changed back to 03 and it stay at the bottom of it. I work with a taskbar on the top since... forever...
  8. underline in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    underline in taskbar: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 2004, the underline beneath the open programs on the taskbar is hidden below the bottom of the monitor. They are all present, which I can verify If I expand the taskbar to 2-line. But that has never been necessary before. I do not wish to reduce...
  9. Taskbar active icon underline customise

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar active icon underline customise: Hello friends I have a problem with telling apart icons on my taskbar between active and just pinned because my screen is damaged and has a permanent blue line along the bottom of the screen. I know there is a way to customise the line and i would like to make it more...
  10. taskbar icon underlined

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icon underlined: Why do I have an icon on the taskbar underlined and how do I get rid of it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-underlined/a35c35ae-e56d-48c8-964d-f4e48b3cd809