Windows 10: Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.

Discus and support Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I have more than one window open the active window seems to change unexpectedly without me even clicking in the window to activate it. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Itsme1234, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Itsme1234 Win User

Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.

Whenever I have more than one window open the active window seems to change unexpectedly without me even clicking in the window to activate it. For example I'll have one half of my screen streaming a Netflix video and the other half will be another window at some random website. I'll be typing something into the random website and all of a sudden the active window changes to the Netflix window and will affect the stream (pause/back/whatever depending on what I was typing in the other window). How can I stop the active window from changing unexpectedly?

:)

Itsme1234, Jun 27, 2016

2. Having more than one window open at a time

I had a wonderful lady help with the problem on microsoft chat,, she fixed the problem. I was still having some issues so I went back to Windows 7 for the time being. I will try reloading ten in a few months and see if things have improved. I understand
    that lots of people have had no problems and I didn't for the first few days and then they started.

Thank you for your concern,, It is very much apprciated

Sherrie

SherrieMuller, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Having more than one window open at a time

I am having problems opening more than one window at a time. I need to close the window to open another, also every time I bring firefox up it asks me if I want this to be my default, I unclick the box and next time I bring it up I get asked again.

SherrieMuller, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.

1. Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open. - Similar Threads - Active window changes

2. Windows 10 - If more than one program is open, the active window switches rapidly between...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - If more than one program is open, the active window switches rapidly between...: Hello, For the past 2 days, whenever there is more than one program opened in the computer, the active window switches rapidly between all the open windows, so it looks like the windows are just flashing between themselves, if that makes sense. The keyboard and graphics card...
  3. Windows 10 - If more than one program is open, the active window switches rapidly between...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - If more than one program is open, the active window switches rapidly between...: Hello, For the past 2 days, whenever there is more than one program opened in the computer, the active window switches rapidly between all the open windows, so it looks like the windows are just flashing between themselves, if that makes sense. The keyboard and graphics card...
  4. Windows 10 - If more than one program is open, the active window switches rapidly between...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: I want to select multiple photos and open all of them in their own instances of MS paint. In windows 10 I used to be able to select multiple photos -> right click -> open with -> paint. Now, in windows 11, when I have multiple photos selected and right click, the 'open with'...
  6. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

"Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: I want to select multiple photos and open all of them in their own instances of MS paint. In windows 10 I used to be able to select multiple photos -> right click -> open with -> paint. Now, in windows 11, when I have multiple photos selected and right click, the 'open with'...
  7. "Open with" option missing when I select more than one file

"Open with" option missing when I select more than one file: Hi,I use the Windows "photo" program for viewing photos however I often use Photoshop to edit them. In windows 10 I was able to select two or hundreds of files, right click and select "Open with" in order to open the photos with Photoshop/Paint3D/Firexox/any other program....
  8. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  9. I can’t open more than one program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t open more than one program: This issue showed up after Windows 10 update, I can’t have more than one program. I should maximize the program to get it work but minimize the other. I also have problem with the mouse because double click is not working, I can open the programs with right click only....
  10. Can't open more than one window of any program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open more than one window of any program: When you right click (or left click and drag up) an app in the taskbar it brings up a menu. The bare minimum this menu displays for any app is: an option to pin/unpin from taskbar, an option to open a window of that app, and (if its running) a close button. Recently I have...