Windows 10: Active-X will not run no matter what is tried

Discus and support Active-X will not run no matter what is tried in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit. I have PC Matic on my laptop and up until Jan of this year it has worked just fine. Now no matter what settings are clicked in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rapidrob, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Rapidrob Win User

Active-X will not run no matter what is tried

Windows 10 64 bit. I have PC Matic on my laptop and up until Jan of this year it has worked just fine.
    Now no matter what settings are clicked in Options in Explorer, Active-X will not load nor run if downloaded after being removed. Local and intranet settings have been set many,many times with no results.
    PC Matic support team played with my laptop for over an hour and could not get Active-X to run. told me I'm on my own.
    A pop up window always says Active-X needs to be loaded but you cannot do it.
    I bought Hitman-Pro and others to see if there was some Malware or other problems on my HD but nothing other than tracking cookies ever shows up.
    I have no idea at this point where to go to get Active-X to run.
    Please help. I'm not a geek,but can do most computer tricks if directions are to the point.
    Thank you.

:)

Rapidrob, Feb 15, 2017

2. WinSat.exe will not stop no matter what

Hi

thank you for the response I will have a go at this and report back

Nick

NickBrooke, Feb 15, 2017
  3. rgs80074 Win User
    notifications will not turn off no matter what

Hello,

I've done the mail thing and its turned off, also have turned off the get notifications from apps and other senders.

but those do not stop the notifications.

first off the mail only listed one mail account, so not sure why all my other emails not listed and no apps for are even being monitored. it does it for my gmail account, hotmail (even though turned off in windows itself only account listed), and my road
    runner account. does not do it for my yahoo account but i get about 1 email a month on that and don't do it for aol.

i don't have anything facebook installed if i need/want to know whats going on i log into my facebook account but all the time it poping up notifications when there's a new post and its annoying.

and to make matters even more off it don't do it on any other windows 10 machine i owe not even my laptop which don't have those turned off and it using the same hotmail account. i am not sure on my tablet as its been forever since that was used, but 3
    other house hold pc's don't have this notification just my main desktop.

ryan

rgs80074, Feb 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You mean Tragic X. First off get rid of PC Matic. It is actually classified and Malware & Spam Ware. If Tragic X stopped working when you let the company that owns PC Matic to track what you are doing, get rid of the junk program. There is no reason to have a running process to automatically remove stuff that you do not have a clue what it is doing in the Background. Housekeeping should only be done by the end user maybe every 90 to 180 days, depending on how much you do on your computer with installing and removing programs, etc..

bro67, Feb 16, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    Not familiar with PCMatic, and I don't run anything that I know of that requires Active-X.

A semi-random guess: what's your default web browser? Apparently Edge doesn't support Active-X. Internet Explorer still does.

If it was that simple, I suppose that PCMatic support would have figured it out. It may be time to retire PCMatic. I can't recommend a similar package. I tend to avoid programs that continuously run in the background. For my antivirus, I stick with Windows Defender.

bobkn, Feb 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    PC Matic is one of those "Your computer is infected, your private information is compromised. We can fix it for you by letting our people go into your computer and fix what PC Matic may not be able to do so."

The company has been sued over and over about their misleading sales tactics, because their software basically does nothing other than drain your wallet.

bro67, Feb 17, 2017
  7. Rapidrob Win User
    Is there a way to find out why Active-X is no longer running on this one computer that is not just an options Setting in Explorer?
    Is there a virus that prevents Active-X from loading?

Rapidrob, Feb 21, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Nope. Just that in the Internet Explorer Internet Settings it can be set to not allow Tragic X to not run. Microsoft has gotten away from it, since it has been a headache from day one with web developers. Do not need it with HTML5.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Active-X will not run no matter what is tried - Similar Threads - Active run matter

2. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone is not working no matter what i try.: I own a corsair hs55 surround gaming headset, and a while ago, the microphone just broke. Not the headset itself, ive tried it on my laptop and it works completely fine, but on my PC windows 10, it doesnt work at all. Ive tried the front and back port, ive tried using a...
  3. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is not working no matter what i try.: I own a corsair hs55 surround gaming headset, and a while ago, the microphone just broke. Not the headset itself, ive tried it on my laptop and it works completely fine, but on my PC windows 10, it doesnt work at all. Ive tried the front and back port, ive tried using a...
  4. Unable to reset PC no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PC no matter what I try: Hey all! So I have had issues with my install for over a year now, and am deciding once again to try and fix it through fresh installing everything. However, every single method that I have tried, failed. Any time I attempt to create a USB through the media tool, it fails. I...
  5. When trying to run a file with Win+R, only System 32 shows no matter what I try to run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to run a file with Win+R, only System 32 shows no matter what I try to run.: When trying to run a file with Win+R, only System 32 shows no matter what I try to run. I am on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-trying-to-run-a-file-with-winr-only-system-32/761bf216-c9aa-4a94-a0f2-81ef0665f422
  6. When trying to run a file with Win+R, only System 32 shows no matter what I try to run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to run a file with Win+R, only System 32 shows no matter what I try to run.: When trying to run a file with Win+R, only System 32 shows no matter what I try to run. I am on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-trying-to-run-a-file-with-winr-only-system-32/761bf216-c9aa-4a94-a0f2-81ef0665f422
  7. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  8. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  9. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  10. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer will not run active X