Windows 10: Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone

Discus and support Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would like to hear from someone who has actually, successfully moved their email service while keeping their same email address from ATT/Yahoo to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Oct 10, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone

I would like to hear from someone who has actually, successfully moved their email service while keeping their same email address from ATT/Yahoo to some other email service.

Yes, I have read numerous how to articles but yet to have read a true life experience. Yahoo mail is sorta like Hotel California. You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave.

Thanks

:)

lpatrick, Oct 10, 2017
  2. D Persica Win User

att.net email set up on Windows 8

Yes, ATT mail is handled through Yahoo! now. Note the "powered by Yahoo!" notice on this
    page.

I think even if you try to access ATT mail via Outlook, it's still going to go through Yahoo!

When the Yahoo mail server was down yesterday, I couldn't access my ATT mail even using Outlook on my destop.

I had trouble with the Yahoo app as well. It simply stopped connecting about a week ago.

I was able to set it up just now though, using the "other account" option that you described. I did have to input incoming and outgoing server names, though. Fortunately, I could get that from Outlook.

D Persica, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Mail app doesn't confgure after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade.

Sure did and so did 7 Microsoft techs. Turns out that ATT had the fix. Essentially, the Win 10 mail app doesn't configure. Per ATT, you must download and use the Yahoo mail app from the app store to use ATT email.

David Boucher, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Anak Win User

Hi,
    Something similar. I had the same deal offered to me when Verizon Fios (Vz) wanted to get out of email, I had two options 1,) They would migrate me over to yahoo or 2.) I could export my stuff and use it for a service of my preference, I picked #2.

Occasionally I still see offers to migrate or export when I pay my bill but when I check there is no account so it should be a dead account, I'm just waiting for Vz to catch-up.

As far as I know Vz owns yahoo, and It sounds like something's in the wind with ATT doing the same thing, I wonder how much ATT is paying Vz to load up yahoo with their email accounts.
    The link tells of a recently resigned CEO of Vz that owns stock in yahoo...Hmm...*Zip

The next two biggies are comcast and time-warner then take a look at this list.

5. lpatrick Win User
    Thanks Anak. The big hacks on Yahoo finally got me concerned enough to start looking. I am not confident that just moving to another email provider which is still linked back to ATT/Yahoo would be secure but the daunting task of changing our 30 year plus email address has me even more concerned. Good luck to us both.

lpatrick, Oct 10, 2017
  6. If the ATT account is like most standard accounts, and I know you can do this in Yahoo, forward your mail to your new account and set the vacation / auto responder to send a message back to the person who sent you the mail that your new email address is.....someone@domain.com.

Then as new e-mails arrive in old account they are forwarded to your new account. When you forward you usually can either keep a copy on the old server or not. I like to keep a copy so I can check in to see who isn't getting the message that the account has moved. This is normally banks, utilities and machine based email as your auto response isn't read. Then I can address these senders manually. .

The auto / vacation responder usually allows a couple of options, on every email or once a day. I form a message like..... thanks for the email, effective immediately my new address is.... Please update your address book.

The longer you can keep your old account the longer you have to ease the transition. Not sure you can import existing ATT mail into gmail but you can import Yahoo.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-d...yahoo-account/

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 10, 2017
  7. Anak Win User
    Thanks Ipatrick.

Good tip CK. I don't know about Ipatrick and if memory serves I had maybe a month to decide, Vz was pushing the change-over but is notoriously slow on notifications, my understanding is Vz started their campaign shortly .after they acquired yahoo in June and the deadline was July 17th.

Anak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone - Similar Threads - Actual Move ATT

2. Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail: I changed my ATT Yahoo password and, after updating it in MS Mail, the app no longer downloads ATT Yahoo email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-working-for-att-yahoo-mail/14e0f613-dbfd-4d5d-9980-9c1bfda5538f
  3. Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail: I changed my ATT Yahoo password and, after updating it in MS Mail, the app no longer downloads ATT Yahoo email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-working-for-att-yahoo-mail/14e0f613-dbfd-4d5d-9980-9c1bfda5538f
  4. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  5. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  6. Move from Mail to ATT/Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Move from Mail to ATT/Yahoo: My W10 Mail is fed by Yahoo but Mail always lags behind so I want to use ATT/Yahoo as my email. How do I make this change? 131339
  7. Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail

Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail: OK, I burned a few hours on this so I thought I would save some folks the trouble in case then found hit it too. This is a bug in Windows 10 Mail. Changed my password on Yahoo (with ATT.net address). Windows 10 Mail, which helpfully uses OAUTH your Yahoo related accounts....
  8. Windows Mail Not Retrieving Mail From Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Not Retrieving Mail From Yahoo: Just tried to view retrieve new mail but my Windows Mail continues to clock with no result. In fact, today I cannot open any mail stored in a Windows Mail folder. Have never had this problem in the past. What should I do? 101857
  9. Moving from Yahoo to Mail Windowss 10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving from Yahoo to Mail Windowss 10: It was easy enough to set up my new Mail account then sync the various folders. Now for my questions. How do I get an icon of Mail onto Edge? Should I completely delete Yahoo. Btw, I'm leaving Yahoo because my info was hacked. Will my Yahoo email address continue to work on...
  10. W10 1709 & ATT/Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    W10 1709 & ATT/Yahoo: Directly after 1709 completed ATT/Yahoo Mail’s frame appeared but not the actual mail! Mysterious! 95788