Windows 10: Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it?

Discus and support Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So... Chrome just started crashing yesterday and apparently this is because of Ad Blocker. The "Aw, Snap!"-crash screen comes up on startup, and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cantremember, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it?

So...

Chrome just started crashing yesterday and apparently this is because of Ad Blocker.

The "Aw, Snap!"-crash screen comes up on startup, and no matter what you try, you cannot get anything else than just that in your tabs. Opening a new tab - Aw, snap. Pressing read more under the error message - changes the URL but the page looks the same. Trying to open up extensions, settings, help, downloads or other things - opens a new tab with - you guessed it - Aw, snap.

So my question is - how do I get rid of Ad Blocker, which is causing the problems, when it is a chrome extension and these as far as I know can only be removed through just chrome?

Reinstalling Chrome did not help, and I cannot find the extension under the Chrome files.

Thankful for any help.

:)

Cantremember, Oct 1, 2016

2. How do I get rid of the ad "Get 25 GB of Dropbox space" at the top left hand corner of my computer?

Seriously, no one has an answer other than the jackass in the room?

AshleyErnest, Oct 1, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I get rid of the ad "Get 25 GB of Dropbox space" at the top left hand corner of my computer?

Carefully peel off the label with a fingernail.

BulldogXX, Oct 1, 2016
  4. Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it?

After uninstalling Chrome, you have to also remove its profile, which is in a hidden folder.
    Start - Run - %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming - Find Google folder and remove it.
    Or you can use an uninstaller tool, like Wise Program Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller.

TairikuOkami, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Thanks for the response, but unfortunately neither of the suggested works. I cannot find any google folder where you suggested, and the program uninstallers (yes, I tried both) did not help.

I have a vague feeling of that the extension is linked to the chrome profile, which is recreated the same way every time upon re-installation, explaining how no re-installation solves it.

So... any other ideas? :S

Cantremember, Oct 3, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Oct 3, 2016
  7. Just installed it, and yes, it works.

Cantremember, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it?

1. Ad Blocker causes chrome to crash on startup - how do I get rid of it? - Similar Threads - Blocker causes chrome

2. How do I get rid of the trovi search blocker virus?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of the trovi search blocker virus?: I recently was searching the web as usual but a couple minutes after I got the "this site could be risky" and there is no way I could get it off, no information and worse of all i cant serch for any antivirus apps since the trovi blocker keeps popping up and i have no info...
  3. How do I get rid of the trovi search blocker virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the trovi search blocker virus?: I recently was searching the web as usual but a couple minutes after I got the "this site could be risky" and there is no way I could get it off, no information and worse of all i cant serch for any antivirus apps since the trovi blocker keeps popping up and i have no info...
  4. How do I get rid of the trovi search blocker virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HOW TO GET RID OF THE ADS.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO GET RID OF THE ADS.: HOW TO GET RID OF THE ADS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-the-ads/d826358b-d489-4ec5-a54d-1cda1d4b9305
  6. How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?: [ATTACH] Microsoft keeps playing these mental games, like Facebook, and it's annoying. That blue dot annoys me more than it would a normal person. I left Facebook but unfortunately I can't leave Windows. Poor me. So if anyone knows any way to get rid of this, other than...
  7. How do I get rid of malware - apparently in Chrome.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of malware - apparently in Chrome.: Malwarebytes indicates that the following pest is in google chrome. jbldcomffojmkkjbblhcebeicbncmjpf There was a second entry, but this has gone when I removed all extensions for google chrome. I did find the above in the registry and deleted it. It just reappears at will...
  8. Ad blocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad blocker: I am unable to access game rewards until I remove the ad blocker. How do I do this? I have tried to find a way in settings but it isn't as described in help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-blocker/f3a7097c-53b9-4191-9020-3cd51a499696
  9. Ad Blocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ad Blocker: Several websites indicate that I have an Ad blocker installed and will not let me access the site. I have never installed any ad blockers and no info on any task bars etc. for removal links. Is this a function of windows security features.... If so how do I turn it off....
  10. ad blocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ad blocker: is it safe to use ad blockler https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-blocker/56d2a034-dd4d-4954-ab3b-b0cea0e95989

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of a downloaded ad blocker on chrome

2. chrome wont open ad blocker crash

3. chrome crash cz of ad blocker

4. ad blocker crashed chrome cant start,
  5. ad blocker causing google chrome to crash,
  6. adblocker crash in chrome,
  7. adblocker causes edge to crash,
  8. chrome wont open webites because adblocker crashed