Windows 10: Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

Discus and support Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LaLaLand, Apr 23, 2017.

1. LaLaLand Win User

Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

Hi,

Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading?

I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now.

Regards,

L

:)

LaLaLand, Apr 23, 2017

2. Edge and Add Ons

ad block and a useful VPN extension/add on like the ones available for Chrome

Juan Manuel Márquez Lara, Apr 23, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Newbie wants to install some sort of Ad Blocker to my new WIN10 / Edge computer

Microsoft Edge does not yet support extensions, so there is no ad blocker for Microsoft Edge.

Over the summer, Edge is scheduled to receive support for extensions. Once that happens it won't be long until ad blockers are available for Edge.

Until then, if you want to block ads use Firefox or Chrome as your browser.

BulldogXX, Apr 23, 2017
  4. z3r010 Win User

z3r010, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome - Similar Threads - blocking extensions Chrome

2. Chrome Extension Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  3. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  4. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  5. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. blocked extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocked extensions: Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most. Can anyone help me out to change in security settings in windows 10 or for Mail app to allow the blocked file extensions. Thank you....
  7. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  8. Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome: Desktop PC OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I started having problems with Google Chrome after messing around with the cookie options, so I set my PC back to a "reset point" to clear it up. That didn't work, so I uninstalled Google Chrome. For some reason when I re-installed...
  9. Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads: Last year, after hearing from Chrome users, we launched a set of user protections against “abusive experiences” -- experiences designed to intentionally mislead and trick users into taking action on the web. These protections blocked pop-ups and new window requests from sites...
  10. Blocked Ad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked Ad: I use a surface pro 4. The seattle times a.m./p.m. email briefs are blocked. How do I unblock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/blocked-ad/f567a24d-3b96-41a8-ae45-2e36f6aa8c26