Windows 10: Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE

Discus and support Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there folks. I'm sure you've heard the question about creating/joining ad-hoc networks before. I have. From the tutorials I've seen, it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jake1702, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Jake1702 Win User

Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE

Hi there folks. I'm sure you've heard the question about creating/joining ad-hoc networks before. I have. From the tutorials I've seen, it only explains how to create a network when you are already connected to a wireless network from a router. If that's the case you might as well use that network. What I'd love to know, is how to create one when you are not connected to any other networks, as in completely offline. The reason I'm asking this is because my friends and I use it for various purposes in school. However, I now have Windows 10 along with someone else. The rest run Windows 7, so they obviously have no issue. And since there are no wifi networks for us to connect to, we can't run a hotspot one. If anyone knows how to do this, whether it be with Windows or a 3rd party program, I'd appreciate it.

What nutjob decided removing ad hoc support would be a good idea anyway?

:)

Jake1702, Apr 14, 2017

2. Joikuspot not working on brand new Nokia 808

I had my N8 running joikuspot and my 808 was connected to it via ad-hoc/joikuspot and Slacker radio was using the mobile data on my 808 and I was downloading files over the web using the ad-hoc/joikuspot connection at the same time, so saying that creating
    ad-hoc connection while connected to the AT&T is **bleep**. No joikuspot does not work, but it isn't because of some ad-hoc connection block, it has to be something deeper.

Scrub50187, Apr 14, 2017
  3. A question about wifi hotspot app

Its a Symbian/Android limitation. Unrooted Androids arent able to connect to ad hoc networks like Joikuspot makes. Androids only connect to infrastructure networks similar to the ones they create. The only way to make an Android connect to an adhoc network
    is to root it and push some codes into it. iPads can connect to ad hoc networks though

chanchan05, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE

1. Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE - Similar Threads - Hoc something similar

2. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  3. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  4. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Something similar to NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something similar to NOTEPAD: I would like to have something similar to Notepad, but with more features like sort and find. At one time I used Notepad++ and it did everything I want, but for some reason I get an error when I try to run it now. I have Wordpad and it is sort of good, but but has no sort...
  6. Ad-Hoc Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ad-Hoc Wireless Network: Aye! I have several computers with different systems, Windows 10, Linux, Android,... some have internet-access and may act as a gateway, some might act as an access point, some dont even have a keyboard/mouse - but all have a wireless network-interface-card. I dont use...
  7. creating an ad hoc Network?

creating an ad hoc Network?: In Windows 10; how do i set up an ad hoc Network on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-an-ad-hoc-network/9a3c93a5-dc3b-4881-b99a-d112bb92d9d7
  8. No Choice for Ad Hoc Network

No Choice for Ad Hoc Network: As part of a practice I'm doing, I was going to set up an Ad Hoc wireless network on my Windows 10 Enterprise computer. But under Network and Sharing, like this: [img] why no ad hoc choice? 113515
  9. BSOD when using ad-hoc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using ad-hoc: Hello all, I originally ran into a bsod that pointed to a video driver. Jumped on NVidia site got the driver. That worked well until recently. Haven't changed any settings since but now i'm getting one related to Memory failure. I've ran memtest several times, no faults found...
  10. Connecting to ad-hoc issue

Connecting to ad-hoc issue: Hello! Few days ago i runned ad-hoc acces point in my linux device. When i trying connect to it, gives me an error. Everything is fine On Windows 8. I tried many different options like connecting via cmd, turning off firewall but still nothing. Anyone knows solution...