Windows 10: Adapter question

Discus and support Adapter question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get my wireless to show up? I have it on my laptop but not on my desktop downstairs. I have an adpater the I use in my desktop and its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BruceAbraham, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Adapter question

How do I get my wireless to show up? I have it on my laptop but not on my desktop downstairs. I have an adpater the I use in my desktop and its plugged into the 3.1 port on my desktop. I plugged the internet cable into the new adapter. But I can't see wireless anywhere except in the airplane mode. and it's blocked out so I can't turn it on of off and below that are just big letters saying Wireless with nothing to change or do?

:)

BruceAbraham, Aug 7, 2018

2. Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 7, 2018
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Adapter question install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Adapter question pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Adapter question select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Adapter question Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Adapter question

wireless adapter not running

Hi Mary,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; what all the troubleshooting steps you tried to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you to try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Adapter question

1. Adapter question - Similar Threads - Adapter question

2. I have a new laptop. My question is :will a wifi adapter connected to my laptop help or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop. My question is :will a wifi adapter connected to my laptop help or...: New HP laptopPurchased about a month ago.Router about 3-5 years oldOnce laptop is on and connected, within 30 minutes the internet throughout the house will drop off completely.Have to unplug router and replug to get it to reconnect again.Made sure it wasn't modem....
  3. I have a new laptop. My question is :will a wifi adapter connected to my laptop help or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new laptop. My question is :will a wifi adapter connected to my laptop help or...: New HP laptopPurchased about a month ago.Router about 3-5 years oldOnce laptop is on and connected, within 30 minutes the internet throughout the house will drop off completely.Have to unplug router and replug to get it to reconnect again.Made sure it wasn't modem....
  4. I have a new laptop. My question is :will a wifi adapter connected to my laptop help or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Adapter Antenna Questions

Wifi Adapter Antenna Questions: Hello All Switching to Ethernet possibly on Saturday for my Main Desktop, Some reason my Wifi 6 adapter can't hold 1.2gbps with Comcast XB7 Gateway anymore, so wondering something should i disconnect antennas, and just keep the card in for Bluetooth 5.0 function til i maybe...
  6. Weird question but could I use my laptop as an Ethernet to usb c adapter.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird question but could I use my laptop as an Ethernet to usb c adapter.: So I have this device that can connect to a wired network but only has a USB-C port. I would get an adapter but due to the ongoing pandemic the mail is really slow. My laptop has both and and Ethernet and USB-C port which led me to think, “Is there some software I can use to...
  7. Question about NVMe SSD Adapter Cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about NVMe SSD Adapter Cards: My computer is a Dell XPS 8700, and the only onboard SSD port is for an mSATA sized SSD; I got a standard 2.5" sized SSD (samsung 860 evo) as my OS drive, and it has been good for my system when I got it and beyond. But I found a somewhat good deal for a 1 TB NVMe SSD...
  8. VGA adapter related question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VGA adapter related question: hello guys, i am using a 21" hd monitor, and my monitor doesnt have a hdmi input, so i am using a hdmi to vga converter, and i think my colour and graphics perfomance not so good, am i right ? will a vga converter reduce my my graphics perfomance ? i am bad in english...
  9. Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop randomly freezing, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter questions: Hi everyone, so some months ago my father's laptop (Asus Q504U) started having some issues, it would randomly freeze, forcing me to shut it down by holding the power button. This made the laptop useless. After some time of troubleshooting and doing a fresh install of Win...
  10. Adapter and Binding tab missing in Windows 10, and the prior question has a dead link

Adapter and Binding tab missing in Windows 10, and the prior question has a dead link: Per this question, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/adapter-and-binding-tab-missing-in-windows-10/e63b9a6b-1d09-4704-94c1-7e2228b036b3 the "Adapter and Binding" tab option was removed in Windows 10. However, the link in that answer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung-sm-g955u avrcp transport adapter has a problem