Windows 10: Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray

Discus and support Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Once upon a time, all desktops and laptops had LEDs that would blink whenever there was hard drive activity. Somewhere along the way, PC manufacturers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Borg 386, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray [​IMG]

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray - CNET

:)

Borg 386, Feb 8, 2016
  2. JackPlatt Win User

Feedback-Would Like Windows 10 To Have "Busy Flash Drive Notice" in System Tray

I would like Windows 10 to have a back up icon for Flash Drive users in the System Tray where when the Flash Drive is backing up, the System Tray icon would have a lighted indictor, or better yet a toaster message indicating that a backup is taking place.

Many people will remove their flash drives without using the "Safely Eject Hardware" utility for convenience. However, we know that when a Flash Drive is active, this can cause a loss of data and possible damage to the drive. Having a lighted indicator,
    or message in the System Tray when back up is occurring, will help prevent removal of flash drives during the back up process. Please note that I have sent this feedback to Microsoft.

Jack

JackPlatt, Feb 8, 2016
  3. The Creators update for windows 10 left us with a black screen and cursor

Does it have a drive letter in.Disk Management? Scroll down to examine each device, add letter or report back questionables.

From Action tab Scan hardware.

Try all USB ports. Watch system tray for activity.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray

1. Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray - Similar Threads - Add hard drive

2. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  3. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  4. Cannot add or remove icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add or remove icons in system tray: Whenever I need to add or remove a system tray icon, I normally use Taskbar Settings which gives a list of items etc. In trying this recently however, when I expand "Other system tray icons", there is no list. The only option shown is for the hidden icons menu as per...
  5. Cannot add or remove icons in system tray

Cannot add or remove icons in system tray: Whenever I need to add or remove a system tray icon, I normally use Taskbar Settings which gives a list of items etc. In trying this recently however, when I expand "Other system tray icons", there is no list. The only option shown is for the hidden icons menu as per...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 to the Dev Channel. It adds a VPN status indicator to the network icon in the system tray. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 VPN status indicator on the network icon Windows 11 will...
  7. I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...: I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format I have problem when I restart or turn off the screen still black and pc turn on . the issue applied when complete format and required restart the pc still frieze . but when I open pc from...
  8. I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...: I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format I have problem when I restart or turn off the screen still black and pc turn on . the issue applied when complete format and required restart the pc still frieze . but when I open pc from...
  9. add URL to system tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    add URL to system tray?: How do I add a URL icon to my system tray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-url-to-system-tray/d105369b-867d-4ec0-85e2-899bcedb78d8
  10. How to get Caps lock indication on system tray?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to get Caps lock indication on system tray?: I am unable to distinguish whether caps lock is on or off while filling application forms and others. How do I know that caps lock is on or off? I should have an indication on system tray, how do I get it?...