Windows 10: Add a user account w/out MSoft email

Discus and support Add a user account w/out MSoft email in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Kinda perplexed here. I'm starting to set up 3 PCs with W10 Home x64 for use in our Rec Center. Naturally, I'm working with an admin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sloantech280, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Add a user account w/out MSoft email

Hi,
    Kinda perplexed here. I'm starting to set up 3 PCs with W10 Home x64 for use in our Rec Center. Naturally, I'm working with an admin account-which I was able to do during setup using an "Offline Account". I've been trying to set up a standard user account the same way but I only have the option to enter either an email address or phone number.

What I want to use is User1, User2, etc. for each PC because these machines will not be assigned to any one user. They're just being recycled from the Clerk/Treasurer's office as a bonus for the kids to use for homework, etc. I just cannot seem to find an option to do that.

I'm obviously missing something but what the heck is it? *Confused

Thanks!
    JG

PS: Why am I using the Home edition instead of Pro? It's just an experiment, honestly. Given that these machines are only going to be used for productivity apps and web browsing, I didn't feel all the extra security features, etc., were necessary. And since these are Core2duo boxes with only 4GB of memory, I figured the Home edition might be a little zippier. Thanks

:)

sloantech280, Aug 25, 2017
  2. GLENNZ1 Win User

Launching ActiveSync without administrator access

Don't want to tell my granny anything, but here goes. Active synch, and earlier guises has always had a problem with admin rights. MSoft miss the boat when it comes to Admins trying to keep the lid on user, without creating too much frustration. The easiest
    way I have found to do this, is to add the user to the Admin group (domain) install the application as the user, test it works, the remove them from the admin group. Nasty I know but it is quick. Probably a better method, would be to add a security group (domain)
    called (Actsynch) and give them the required permissions to the local folder.

MSoft would be better served to link active synch to the email profile, and becasue a user has access to their ost, or pst files and folders the solution would be easier for domain admins.

GLENNZ1, Aug 25, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from my profile in windows 10?

All settings, Accounts.

Sign in with a local account instead.

Will change your email login to the computer, to a regular user name login w/o email.

'Mike P, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Add a user account w/out MSoft email

Well, D'oh!

Admin, please delete my question. I just sat back down and looked at my options again. Clicked on "I don't have [this] information" and found what I was looking for.

Yep, it's been Monday all flippin' week! Sorry for the trouble...

sloantech280, Aug 25, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    See Option Three in this tutorial.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option3

The quickest way do it is from an elevated command prompt. See Option Six.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add a user account w/out MSoft email

1. Add a user account w/out MSoft email - Similar Threads - Add user account

2. Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused: I want to delete old defunct account/email and replace it with current account email. How? So confused! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-defunct-accountemail-w-new-account-email/a44c986b-fbbc-4ed1-9c65-9c52ae6b4730
  3. Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace defunct account/email w/ new account email. Confused: I want to delete old defunct account/email and replace it with current account email. How? So confused! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-defunct-accountemail-w-new-account-email/a44c986b-fbbc-4ed1-9c65-9c52ae6b4730
  4. How to add User Account via Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add User Account via Email & Accounts: I attempt to add a new user account by via Email & Accounts. I select "Add account" I select Google >> Continue Enter email address Enter password I select Allow I get an error message: "Something went wrong" Error code: 0x8000000b. Therefore, I changed my security settings...
  5. How to add User Account via Email & Accounts

How to add User Account via Email & Accounts: I attempt to add a new user account by via Email & Accounts. I select "Add account" I select Google >> Continue Enter email address Enter password I select Allow I get an error message: "Something went wrong" Error code: 0x8000000b. Therefore, I changed my security settings...
  6. Can not add email account

Can not add email account: Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing errors - having problems in both office 365 outlook desktop edition as well as windows Mail. in Email & Accounts setting I...
  7. Trouble logging into Msoft local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble logging into Msoft local account: That and a few other gremlins seemingly related to my Microsoft account. I downloaded the Msoft Account Diagnostic Tool. Below is its analysis. Problem Found Can't connect to the Sync Service Root causes found _________________________________________________ Source...
  8. add an admin user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    add an admin user account: how do I add an admin user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-admin-user-account/9bcb122b-8bda-426e-991c-72232b8ea4b2
  9. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  10. download apps w/out microsoft account

download apps w/out microsoft account: Like the title states; isnt there a way to download new apps without having to create a microsoft account? 6857