Windows 10: Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC with an internal 128 GIG SSD. It has an empty plug in slot for another SSD right next to it. I would like to add a 512 GIG SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by terratrike, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC

I have a Windows 10 PC with an internal 128 GIG SSD. It has an empty plug in slot for another SSD right next to it. I would like to add a 512 GIG SSD. Can I just plug the new drive into the slot like plugging in a thumb drive and will the computer recognize it? Or do I have to prepare the computer somehow?
    Thanks

:)

terratrike, Jan 15, 2018

2. Clean Install of Windows on new computer

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 10... he comes with a standard HD and i am planning to add a SSD on the additional slot.. i want to "migrate" the Windows from the HD to the SSD... i was Reading and cloning the HD can have glitches and
    ruin the PC. My question is: is there a way to make a reset of my Windows 10 but ask him to install the SO in the SSD?

Thanks for the help.

jorge Mora_767, Jan 15, 2018
  3. BenBen753 Win User
    Add entry in ESP

I have 2 drives in my pc (SSD + HDD), both having an operating system and EFI partition. Since my SSD is RAID0 Linux (installed on D drive) cannot find my SSD drive and I cannot add an entry there.

Is there a way to add an entry in my ESP with windows to add Linux there and allow it to boot?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

BenBen753, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC

No information is given about the computer itself but usually SATA drives use both a power cable and a port on the motherboard. The motherboard may have anywhere from 1 SATA to 6 maybe 8 SATA sockets on it. If the power supply is powerful enough one can add drives as desired to fill all the possible connections.

Berton, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Windows will probably detect it automatically. With the power off, just connect the data and power cables from the new drive. Now turn on computer and go to file manager and see if your new drive listed. If it isn't shown you may have to open disk management and partition and format the new drive.

mfmathis75, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Layback Bear, Jan 15, 2018
  7. Windows 10 Home, 16 gigs memory, i7 7700, GTX 1060 graphics card, 800 watt ps, 128 gig SSD, 1 tera bite HDD, 4 USB 3, 4 USB 2

terratrike, Jan 15, 2018
  8. Clintlgm Win User

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here. Its sounds like your talking about PCIe M.2 Slots. If so you you'll need to know what format is supported by your mother board. They could be either SATA or NVME, See what the spec are for the current one. Get the Infor off the SSD and Goggle it. You have to match up the spec for it in the 512 GB size. Once you know this you will buy the correct one. Shut down computer install in 2nd slot turn back up, you will probably need to inalize and format it in windows Disk Manager

Clintlgm, Jan 15, 2018
  9. Please put your spec in the lower left corner of your posts(My System Specs) if you can.
    Those spec's will follow your every post.

Example:
    Look in the lower left of this post and tick on it.
    One can check my specs in my every post.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Add additional SSD

2. Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer: Hi there,I am trying to add another user to my Windows computer.I need this user to be able to log onto the machine and use it as their own and have admin rights. To perform this step, I am navigating to Settings > Accounts > Other Users > Add Account.On the Microsoft 'How...
  3. Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer: Hi there,I am trying to add another user to my Windows computer.I need this user to be able to log onto the machine and use it as their own and have admin rights. To perform this step, I am navigating to Settings > Accounts > Other Users > Add Account.On the Microsoft 'How...
  4. Additional PC security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Additional PC security: I have been subscribing to Norton Internet Security for some years now. After installing some Windows updates I now appear to have full Microsoft protection. It seems like Norton has been removed, do I not require it any more....
  5. Additional SSD as an Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional SSD as an Unallocated Partition?: Can I install an additional SSD in my Windows 10 PC, and use it as an Unallocated Partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-ssd-as-an-unallocated-partition/11c52df6-a7a7-4906-aad6-2392925e0d01
  6. Unable to Add Additional Fingerprint in Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Add Additional Fingerprint in Windows Hello: There is an issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint. I could add the first fingerprint but when I choose toadd another fingerprint, it shows me the error "Your Device Is Having Trouble Recognizing You. Please Try Again". The weird part is that if I removed my first fingerprint...
  7. Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10: I have brought a 10TB SATA3 hard disk, but didn't show up on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-additional-hard-disk-on-windows-10/5dbf93bc-f5b2-4028-b0dc-74a981c4c3db
  8. Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD

Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD: My desktop has a 1tb standard harddrive. I purchased an Intel 512mb SSD M.2. The MB (MSI X99s SLI Plus) does support this SSD *atleast I hope it does*. Currently the computer reads the drive, but its not formatted so it isnt showing in the Windows Explorer. I would like to...
  9. add ssd to computer

add ssd to computer: I have watched a couple of youtube video's on adding an ssd to my computer. I have windows 10 upgraded free from 7, I have the 7 disk, will the ssd end up with 7 or 10. Some of the video's make it look easy so I am thinking of trying it. If I buy an ssd will it have...
  10. Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows can display up to three clocks: one for the local time and two additional clocks for the times in other time zones. After you set up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add ssd to windows 10

2. add ssd drive windows 10

3. how to add ssd to windows 10

4. add ssd to win 10,
  5. add ssd windows 10,
  6. how to add second ssd to windows 10,
  7. adding a ssd to windows 10 computer,
  8. add ssd to window 10,
  9. how to add another ssd to pc,
  10. how to add a ssd to windows 10,
  11. add ssd hd windows 10,