Windows 10: "Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender

Discus and support "Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For many years, I have used a custom "Hosts" file. I have read that Windows Defender will occasionally find that custom file and reinstall original.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bsgranpa, Nov 26, 2016.

1. bsgranpa Win User

"Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender

For many years, I have used a custom "Hosts" file. I have read that Windows Defender will occasionally find that custom file and reinstall original. When I log on as administrator, the "Add an exclusion" line is gray and not a clickable link. Please help.

:)

bsgranpa, Nov 26, 2016

2. Windows Defender

MS Virtual Agent instructed me to return to the Windows Defender settings and click on Add Exclusion. When Windows Defender displays the item(s) that I have selected to exclude, click on the one that I want to release from exclusion. A button is then
    displayed ("Remove" I believe)... click on that button and the exclusion is retracted.

RickO#1000, Nov 26, 2016
  3. LizRules Win User
    Windows Defender is stuck trying to remove false positive on HP Recovery Partition, how to get unstuck so I can exclude drive d being included in the future

Thank you so much! I did a restart and then excluded drive d in Windows Defender, so now it won't get confused by it now that I know it doesn't have viruses. My computer is still behaving a bit slowly, but it might go away after some time, because it sometimes
    uses a lot of memory and then doesn't use as much later on. Maybe it's because I left my PC running all night?

LizRules, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

"Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender

1. "Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Add exclusion selectable

2. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  3. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  4. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender

I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender: I'm trying to add an exclusion in windows defender but it always shows empty, no matter what I do. It never add the exclusions OS: Windows 10 May 2020 [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions

Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  7. Windows Defender not letting me add exclusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender not letting me add exclusion: This is driving me nuts and I can't find anything anywhere about it, so here goes nothing. My dad (despite me telling multiple times it is not necessary) decided to run a full defender scan on our main house PC. Problem is, one of the mounted drives is our Google Drive...
  8. windows defender- Unable to add exclusions

windows defender- Unable to add exclusions: I'm using windows 10. I find that my antimalware service executable uses 27-30% of my cpu resources in times when I need to use it for other purposes which are important to me. As everyone knows that we can't kill this service in task manager, please someone help me how to...
  9. Add Program Exclusions To Windows Defender

Add Program Exclusions To Windows Defender: I make programs to solve needs I have. Many of these programs are TINY as in 50kb or so. On every other machine, double clicking one of these programs spawns a window within a second or less. But I got one machine that has Windows Defender running, and it takes up to a...
  10. Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Exclusions for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Windows Defender helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted...