Windows 10: Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

Discus and support Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 The 3D effects like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ptitsnake, Oct 1, 2016.

1. ptitsnake Win User

Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

How to: Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

How to Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

The 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video.

The Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC, phone, and other devices, and puts them in one collection place, where you can more easily find what youre looking for.

The Photos app displays your collection of images from folders you add located on your PC, an external drive, or a network drive connected to your PC. Subfolders of the folders you add will be included, too.

The Photos app automatically displays the photos and videos in the Pictures folder on your PC and OneDrive by default.

This tutorial will show you how to add and remove folders in your collection in the Photos app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add Folders in Photos app from Photos app Settings
    • Option Two: Add Folders in Photos app from Photos app Folders
    • Option Three: Remove Folders in Photos app from Photos app Settings

EXAMPLE: Folder collection in Photos app

Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add Folders in Photos app from Photos app Settings
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Add a folder under Sources. (see screenshot below)

4. Browse to and select the folder you want to add on your PC, an external drive, or a network drive connected to your PC, and click/tap on Add this folder to Pictures. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Add Folders in Photos app from Photos app Folders
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the Folders at the top, and click/tap on Add a folder. (see screenshot below)

3. Browse to and select the folder you want to add on your PC, an external drive, or a network drive connected to your PC, and click/tap on Add this folder to Pictures. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Remove Folders in Photos app from Photos app Settings
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Sources, click/tap on the X to the right of the folder you want to remove. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Remove Folder to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ptitsnake, Oct 1, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

SlideShow in Photos app does not display more that 30 photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 photos app slideshow problems

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the photos folder from Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Photos App.

• Click on Settings.

• Under Sources click on the X mark next to the folder location listed to delete the location from Photos App.

• Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

1. Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Folders

2. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  3. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  4. Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10

Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10: I follow the instructions at Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 to stop Photos from adding folders and therefore images to its catalog. Periodically (maybe after an update?) I find that MS has added back in one or more folders. Today it is my...
  5. Add a folder on Windows 10 photo app not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add a folder on Windows 10 photo app not working: Hello, I cannot add folders in windows 10 photo app. I click on "add a folder" button in both settings and folders sections but nothing happens. I have tried to reset the app and still not working. I also uninstalled it and reinstall it but same happens. Any ideas? Please...
  6. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  7. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  8. remove photo add-on

remove photo add-on: I don't know why, but out of the blue my system loaded Photos Add-on. I didn't request it, search for it, or most of all, want it. I don't understand how or why this happened. Now I just want to uninstall it and regain that hard drive space. Opening the Control Panel...
  9. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  10. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 remove folder for photos collections