Windows 10: Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10

Discus and support Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10 How to Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by BugMeister, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10

How to: Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10

How to Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10

When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse.

Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and other objects on the screen, dictate text into documents, and write and send emails. Just about anything you do with your keyboard and mouse can be done with only your voice.

Speech Recognition profiles store information about how to recognize your voice. You can add and change profiles to recognize a different voice or a different noise environment.

Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to add, delete, and change Speech Recognition profiles to recognize a different voice or a different noise environment for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Add a Speech Recognition Profile
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Speech Recognition icon.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced speech options link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. In the Speech Recognition tab, click/tap on the New button in the Recognition Profiles section. (see screenshot below)

4. Type a name you want for this profile, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. Select the type of microphone you have connected, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Next when ready to set up your microphone. (see screenshot below)

7. Read aloud the sentence, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

9. Click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Speech Recognition Profile
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Speech Recognition icon.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced speech options link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. In the Speech Recognition tab, check the profile (ex: "Shawn Brink") in the Recognition Profiles section you want to use, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Delete a Speech Recognition Profile

3. In the Speech Recognition tab, check the profile (ex: "Brink") in the Recognition Profiles section you want to remove, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below)

*note If Speech Recognition is currently running and using the profile you want to delete, then you will need to close Speech Recognition before trying to delete the profile.

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

6. If you get the Could not delete profile error message below, then you will need to click/tap on OK, close Speech Recognition, and start over at step 2 to delete this profile. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

BugMeister, Sep 8, 2015
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Speech Recognition could not start. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options

To address your concern, we suggest you to change the Speech Recognition settings. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Speech Recognition.
    • Select Advance speech options.
    • Uncheck Review documents and mail to improve accuracy.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

If the issue persist, create a Train Profile by performing the steps below and check if the experience will be the same:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Speech Recognition.
    • Select Advance speech options.
    • Under Recognition Profiles, check the default profile.
    • Click Train Profile.

If Train Profile fails, click New..., and create a new profile. Then, check if the new profile will work.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Marc Cai Win User

Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10

Windows Speech Recognition

Hi Karen,

Sorry about the long delays. We noticed the idleness of the post. Would you still be needing further assistance in this regard?

If we still can help, try the following if they would work:

Try resetting the microphone being used:

1. Go to Start menu, type Speech Recognition and hit
      Enter key
    2. Click on Start Speech Recognition link.
    3. Under the Set up Speech Recognition window, click next.
      You shall now be able to choose the type of microphone that will be used
    4. Proceed according to the on-screen instruction.

If this would not work, you can delete the Speech recognition profile by Creating another one:

1. In the Speech Recognition window, click on
    Advanced speech options in the left column.

2. Under Recognition Profiles, click New.

This will create a new speech recognition profile and will allow you to delete the old one.

Tell us an update!

Marc Cai, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Speech recognition errors

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query regarding speech recognition on the software you are using for Speech Recognizer. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How many language packs are installed and enabled on your computer and what are they?

• Does this happen with all the language packs in the computer?

• What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you try any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    The issue might be due to settings on your computer. Let’s refer to the following suggestion and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps and check the issue status.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel then Speech Recognition Options.

• In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click
      Advanced Speech Options.

• Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

• Click Apply and click OK
    Refer below article to Use Speech Recognition:

Voice recognition in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-voice-recognition-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Riel Alc Win User
    Change Speech Recognition language

Hi Matúš,

To change the Speech Recognition language, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type Speech settings, then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Speech language, select your preferred language (e.g.
      English
      ).

Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10 5155e910-d18b-49f4-a0bf-ac75a13484c1.png

For more information about Speech Recognition, please check this article.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10

1. Add, Delete, and Change Speech Recognition Profiles in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Delete Change

2. Unable to add EnglishIndia as language for speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add EnglishIndia as language for speech recognition: I have Win 11 Home single language OS. I was trying to add EnglishIndia to windows speech recognition under Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition\Advance sppech recognition options .But there I can see only English US /UK and settings option is grayed out. The MS...
  3. export speech recognition profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    export speech recognition profile: I have been using an old computer that is running Windows 8.1 for speech recognition, using the built in Windows speech recognition tool. I like it and it has learned lots of jargon etc. over the years. I intend to now use my laptop which is running Windows 11 for speech...
  4. export speech recognition profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    export speech recognition profile: I have been using an old computer that is running Windows 8.1 for speech recognition, using the built in Windows speech recognition tool. I like it and it has learned lots of jargon etc. over the years. I intend to now use my laptop which is running Windows 11 for speech...
  5. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  6. Evolution of Speech Recognition (Delete That

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Evolution of Speech Recognition (Delete That: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Calorie_Killer_G [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o79jd1/evolution_of_speech_recognition_delete_that/
  7. Windows Speech Recognition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does anyone else despise the Speech Recognition app as much as I do? Apparently, someone at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the simple little microphone that made it possible for me to ask questions in the Search field, and in Gmail replies. What a mistake....
  8. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a
  9. Add Start Speech Recognition Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Start Speech Recognition Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Start Speech Recognition Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Start Speech Recognition Context Menu in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse....
  10. Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10: How to: Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 How to Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. Using only your...