Windows 10: Add file explorer to start button area?

Discus and support Add file explorer to start button area? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; By that I mean here: [img] I want to pin/add File Explorer to that as well. 77191 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RECONBunny, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Add file explorer to start button area?

By that I mean here:
    Add file explorer to start button area? [​IMG]

I want to pin/add File Explorer to that as well.

:)

RECONBunny, Feb 12, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 12, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Document Recovery task pane

SORRY, I forgot to add the text to copy !! 1. Close Microsoft Word 2. Copy the text below %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates 3. Click your Start Button, paste the text and hit ENTER 4. Windows File Explorer will open 5. Delete Normal.dotm Close Windows File
    Explorer and open Microsoft Word

DaveM121, Feb 12, 2017
  4. Add file explorer to start button area?

Hi RECONBunny

Type File Explorer in Cortana. The app should appear at top of list. Right click app and then Pin to taskbar.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 12, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    If you mean, right beside the Start Button, you'd have to hide the Cortana and Task View Buttons first:

right click on the Taskbar and check/uncheck the appropriate items:

Add file explorer to start button area? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  6. I also notice looking at your screen shoot there are two vertical bars beside the task view icon. This may mean you've sized this. Unlock Task bar, right click in it, make sure Lock task is not clicked, then dragged the section open by clicking the double bars with mouse. It may already be there hidden.

Caledon Ken, Feb 12, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Do you not already have the default File Explorer yellow folder icon on the Taskbar? It [and others] can be moved as desired except maybe as close to the Start button as desired. And in Start, W section you should find File Explorer and right-click to Pin to Start, will show as a Tile at the bottom of the list but can be dragged to a more convenient location in the Tiles.

Berton, Feb 12, 2017
  8. Add file explorer to start button area?

I think there is some confusion here.

1) I am using "Use small taskbar icons" I turned that off for a moment and it didn't let me move the File Explorer there.

2) There is no "Official" option to add File Explorer there, which is why this post is here.

3) I do have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. But I want it IN the Quick Launch area next to Cortana/Task View.

RECONBunny, Feb 12, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Create a File Explorer shortcut and put it in your Quick Launch folder then drag that over to the Task View button.

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  10. Sorry at work and was busy. I understand what you're telling me. But where is the QL folder?

RECONBunny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add file explorer to start button area?

1. Add file explorer to start button area? - Similar Threads - Add file explorer

2. add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar: have this button on the taskbar [green arrow] it shrinks my windows to the task bar, it allows me to see the desktop. I want to add another button just like it to the other side [red arrow] either in the ^ box or next to the volume. I tried to create one on the desktop and...
  3. add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar: have this button on the taskbar [green arrow] it shrinks my windows to the task bar, it allows me to see the desktop. I want to add another button just like it to the other side [red arrow] either in the ^ box or next to the volume. I tried to create one on the desktop and...
  4. add a shrink windows button in a specific area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to add antivirus button to Windows 10 file explorer ribbon?

How to add antivirus button to Windows 10 file explorer ribbon?: Hi all, I would like to make my antivirus checks more efficient. Instead of having to right-click on downloaded files, then choose my antivirus option, I would like to customize my file explorer ribbon to have an antivirus button. I haven't been able to find a way to do...
  6. Start button crashes and now my file explorer is crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button crashes and now my file explorer is crashing: When I click on my start button, the search bar disappears and I cannot open any apps. Now I cannot open my file explorer when I click on it, everything on my disappears for a few moments and then reappears. Yesterday, it only crashed when I tried to open my photo's but...
  7. Component of start button expand on all desktop area

Component of start button expand on all desktop area: i can t collaps they in start button and i can t acces my shortcut that was on the desktop.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-of-start-button-expand-on-all-desktop/8e998eb1-d0bf-47e5-8fe6-03221f196c35
  8. File explorer frezes after i press the start button

File explorer frezes after i press the start button: Hi, I just installed a new ssd in my computer. So I had to reinstall windows on it, efter i did this had some problems getting the 1803 update. after the update there where some problems that i fixed, that have all been related to windows defender. Now i have problem that i...
  9. add file explorer to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    add file explorer to taskbar: I am new to this forum. I have a custom computer, ECS A780GM-A motherboard, 6 GB of ram AMD CPU, 2.6 GHz tricore. I am currently upgraded to Windows 10 and learning my way around it. My question is can I add file explorer to the task bar and if so how do I go about doing it?...
  10. "File Explorer" button in Start menu is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    "File Explorer" button in Start menu is not working: My "File Explorer" button in Start menu is not working. When I press on it nothing happens. Already tried: SFC/scannow, reboot, restart explorer.exe 44528