Windows 10: Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view

Discus and support Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Every time I open a music folder I have to right click on the columns and select file type as I wish to see if they are flac, mp3 or m4a files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Booms, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Booms Win User

Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view

Hi,
    Every time I open a music folder I have to right click on the columns and select file type as I wish to see if they are flac, mp3 or m4a files.
    How do I set it to permanently display this for all the folders?
    Many thanks.

:)

Booms, Jan 6, 2017
  2. d0gknees Win User

Windows Explorer list view for DVD/CD/blu ray drives?

As far as I know you can't make it permanent.

d0gknees, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Can not delete file on windows 10.

Hi Bernice,

To resolve the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

1. Delete all files and folders in %temp%.

Run > Type %temp% > Highlight all files and folders, then hold (shift + Delete). It should be permanently deleted (shift + Delete). Check all folders under
    AppData if there are jumbled letters and numbers (10-15 characters). It should be permanently deleted (shift + Delete).

2. Delete all files and folders in Prefetch.

Run > Type prefetch > Highlight all files and folders, then hold (shift + Delete). It should be permanently deleted (shift + Delete).

3. Delete all files and folders in Temp.

Run > Type temp > Highlight all files and folders, then hold (shift + Delete). It should be permanently deleted (shift + Delete).

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Right click inside the folder, select Group by > Type:

Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view [​IMG]

Kari, Jan 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view - Similar Threads - Add 'File Type'

2. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  3. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  4. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  5. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  6. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. why cant we view folder types?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant we view folder types?!: how do I view the folder type in windows 10 I have tried everything Microsoft suggestions and questions said! but they never work... so My question is, how do we view the folder type in windows 10?, well I think its .fol .fil .file .fld .fold my, But you can also write what...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  9. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  10. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add type to folder view permantly