Windows 10: Add Google Drive to File Open dialog

Discus and support Add Google Drive to File Open dialog in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a small 11" laptop to use remotely when I'm out of pocket. It doesn't have a hard drive, only 32gb of flash memory. That's ok, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spthomas, Apr 20, 2016.

1. spthomas Win User

Add Google Drive to File Open dialog

I recently bought a small 11" laptop to use remotely when I'm out of pocket. It doesn't have a hard drive, only 32gb of flash memory. That's ok, but I really want to minimize what I transfer to the memory. But hey, it's 2016 and we have the cloud, right? So on my main laptop I have the Google Drive app installed, and it automatically places a copy of everything in my local Google Drive file on the Google cloud drive. For my tiny no-HD laptop, I'd rather access files on the cloud and not create another copy of all the files on this laptop. I noticed in apps when I File-Open, the dialog has local files, a tab for Network files, and even a tab for OneDrive. But no generic cloud files or a specific Google Drive entry.

Is it possible to add Google Drive to that dialog, or in some other easy way access cloud files that are NOT on OneDrive. I can't really install Google Drive desktop since it will create copies of all the files and I don't have room for that.

Steve

:)

spthomas, Apr 20, 2016
  2. riblock Win User

How Can I Recover the Google Drive Desktop Shortcut Icon Ruined by Upgrading to Windows 10?

Very easy to solve.

googledrivesysc.exe is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive.

Plug the entire path C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe in the dialog box for the file containing the icon.

riblock, Apr 20, 2016
  3. The action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate.

This ERROR involves privacy. Microsoft is showing how little they car about privacy. Your comment is arrogant and condescending.

Google Drive, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Add Google Drive to File Open dialog

1. Add Google Drive to File Open dialog - Similar Threads - Add Google Drive

2. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  3. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  4. File open dialog customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File open dialog customization: I have a large Quick Access list and a lot of folders on my drive. When I open a file, my Quick Access does not show up unless I collapse the desktop icon. Is there any way to set it so the Desktop is collapsed unless I click on it? I have Excel and Word 2010 on Windows 10...
  5. "Add a device" or "Add a Printer" dialog does not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add a device" or "Add a Printer" dialog does not open: I have recently bought a bluetooth adapter for use with my pc and I have not been able to add a device. If i go through windows settings, "Add Bluetooth or other device" -> "Bluetooth", the dialog just closes. I tried adding through Devices and Printers in Control Panel and...
  6. Google drive is not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google drive is not open: Hey there !! I need help Actually the Google drive isn't open on my browser I'm using windows 10 1909 OS Browser :- Chrome & brave (mostly using brave as my daily work) I've also install Ubuntu on my Virtualbox when i try to open on my Ubuntu OS's brave browser it opens...
  7. File Open Dialog Box Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Open Dialog Box Issues: Since today I've noticed that the Windows file open dialog box crashes the app calling it. For example, I use Soundforge Pro 11 and if I click the icon or the menu item for file open, the dialog appears followed by an error message from the application saying the program has...
  8. "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog: Hi, I am running Windows 10, and, when I go to the "Devices and Printers" window, I have no "Add a Device" or "Add a Printer" dialog appearing when I click the related buttons in the top-right. I only see a brief flash of a blank opening window, and then nothing. I am...
  9. Unable to add Google Drive to file explorer sidebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to add Google Drive to file explorer sidebar: Hello. Today I was trying to add a Google Drive direct link to the sidebar of the file explorer. I followed the tutorial available here. However nothing happens. I tried other similar .reg files which can be found by searching on Google. However the problem persists. Just...
  10. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open google drive files in local browse dialog

2. can I access google drive from file open dialog