Windows 10: Add Guest Account

Discus and support Add Guest Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Binish Joshi, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Add Guest Account

How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me??

:)

Binish Joshi, Nov 2, 2015
  2. TonyToneZ Win User

Windows 10 - Guest Account

You do not need to add a password. This makes it more like a guest account. You cant name it "Guest" I named my guest account "Guest One." It appears to function just as a older version guest account.

TonyToneZ, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 2, 2015
  4. StephanP Win User

Add Guest Account

Hmm, I guess you failed to check the Search function!

Teaser: the guest account has disappeared from W10. Maybe it'll return one day, but who knows?
    My second best solution:
    • Create a Local user account, not associated with a MS-account
    • The user name Guest is reserved, so you'll need to pick an alternative name like Visitor or something else
    • Setup this Visitor account as a 'normal' user with no administrative priviliges
    • Setup the Windows environment for this account: pinned apps on the task bar, printer settings, network access, etc.
    • Use Autoruns to disable OneDrive for this account, so that different users may never get in a position to view or mess with one another's files.

I guess that's it.

StephanP, Nov 2, 2015
  5. larry Win User
    Here is another way to set up a new guest account:

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt.

2. Type the following commands one by one to create a guest account named test, press Enter after each:
    Code: net user test /add net localgroup guests test /add net localgroup users test /del[/quote]

larry, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
  7. Brack Win User
    The guest account isn't gone, it is just hidden as I understand.

Running this command from an elevated command prompt on my Windows 10 system shows the guest account.
    Code: net user[/quote] This will enable the built in guest account.
    Code: net user guest /active:yes[/quote] The same can be done for the built in Administrator account.

Brack, Nov 7, 2015
  8. StephanP Win User

Add Guest Account

Ooh, Larry's suggestion is a good one, as well as the video pointed to by Dude.
    Please note that depeding the language version of Windows, the user groups 'guests' and 'users' will have different names, e.g. in Dutch they are called 'Gasten' and 'Gebruikers respectively.

Brack, yes the hidden Guest account could be activated, but at the Windows login screen you will not be able to select the Guest user account, so that will not bring you very far.

StephanP, Nov 8, 2015
  9. StephanP Win User
    Advanced question related to the HomeUsers group:

I had created my "Visitor" account and restricted this to normal user.
    Following Larry's suggestion I used net user localgroup guests Visitor /add
    net user localgroup users Visitor /del
    Following Kari's instruction video, I ran netplwiz and noticed a slight difference on my PC.
    All the user accounts on my PC also belong to the group HomeUsers. This includes the newly created Visitor account.
    I understand that the HomeUsers group is used in relation to the HomeGroup one may have installed on the local network.

Question:
    Should I also remove Visitor from the HomeUsers group?net user localgroup HomeUsers Visitor /del

StephanP, Nov 8, 2015
  10. larry Win User
    Hi StephanP! The "HomeUsers" group should be equal to the "Users" group in your case. If you want to set "Visitor" as a guest account, you should remove it from any other groups, except "Guests".

larry, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add Guest Account

1. Add Guest Account - Similar Threads - Add Guest Account

2. How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?: I have a new laptop and want to add my microsoft account, but my guest account is finished set up and personalized. How to add microsoft account without delete guest account?...
  3. Guest Account

Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  4. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  5. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Unable to add a guest account to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add a guest account to computer: how do I allow another person to access my computer in a guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-a-guest-account-to-computer/31c64e5e-073f-48d2-b443-2b392e70594a"
  7. can I add a guest account

can I add a guest account: I would like to add a guest account like I could do with windows 7 rather that an account for each person that wants to use my computer is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-a-guest-account/95dec857-fbf7-4ce9-9bad-c2cdef43591f
  8. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  10. Add Guest Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Guest Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Guest Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Guest Account in Windows 10 A guest account is a local account for users who don't have a permanent account on your PC or domain. It allows people (guest/visitor) to use your PC without having access to your personal...