Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center

Discus and support Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to add apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store as one of the favorite keys on the Mouse and Keyboard Center?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoryGarrett1, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:22 PM.

1. RoryGarrett1 Win User

Is there a way to add apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store as one of the favorite keys on the Mouse and Keyboard Center?

:)

RoryGarrett1, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:22 PM
  2. Santosh_Rai Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center error

Hi Bent,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center files got corrupted.

I suggest you to place the computer in clean boot, uninstall the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center application and download and install the latest Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center application form the website and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Uninstall Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center application.

1) Press Windows key + x and select Program and features.

2) Right click on the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and click on
    Uninstall.

Step 3: Download and install the latest Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center for the website.

Refer to the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36791

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Is Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse center needed for Win10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + C.

• Type Troubleshooting and click on it.

• On the left pane click on View all.

• From the list click on Hardware troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete.
    Hardware troubleshooter will detect minor issues and try to fix them, automatically.

Step 2: Install the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center in compatibility mode with Windows 8.

Download Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center
    from link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop#support

Refer (Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:43 PM
  4. Daniel_336 Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center does not recognize Microsoft Surface Laptop keyboard

Problem:

• I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop, with Windows 10 Pro, which naturally comes with a brand new Microsoft keyboard hardwired to the laptop.
    • I installed the
      Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
      to reassign some of the keyboard keys.
    • However, Microsoft's keyboard program does not detect Microsoft's own keyboard!
    Failed solutions:

• All the help pages say "update your drivers" or "unplug the USB device and plug it back in." However, this is a laptop keyboard, which is hardwired, not a USB keyboard. It is working fine, so there's no reason why the program should not detect it.
    • Yes, EVERYTHING is up to date, including ALL Windows Updates and ALL keyboard drivers.
    • Yes, I tried the troubleshooter.
    • Yes, I checked
      the list of "supported devices" that Microsoft lists here
      . But they are all mice, none of them are keyboards.
    • Screenshots of my steps are below -- Microsoft moderators, please don't dismiss me by saying "run the troubleshooter" or "update your drivers" or "turn it off and on again."
    Questions:

• Has anyone actually SEEN the Mouse and Keyboard Center recognize a Windows laptop keyboard? Not a USB external keyboard, the actual physical laptop keyboard?
    • Does the Mouse and Keyboard Center actually work with laptops? There's no documentation suggesting it shouldn't, especially with Microsoft's own hardware (like the Surface Laptop).
    • Where is there a list of what keyboards work with the "Mouse and *Keyboard* Center"?
    Screenshots:

• "No supported device detected"

Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center fcf9e7af-3161-4074-b129-b6833779b44f?upload=true.png

• "The best drivers are already installed"

Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center f45af9e7-01c2-4665-9df1-9dc0661d42ee?upload=true.png

Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center 34fcc9c2-7226-431b-8af2-5b55d425826a?upload=true.png

• "Keyboard troubleshooting has completed, no changes or updates were necessary"

Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center b93ddf51-87ff-4e6e-b2cc-00da48760412?upload=true.png

Thema:

1. Add Microsoft Store Apps to favorites in Mouse and Keyboard Center - Similar Threads - Add Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...: Removing homegroups without any notice to users - you just see that that your shares have become 'media devices'. No results when you search homegroups, not even a message to say 'they have been removed'. It seems that file history will go the same way, potentially...
  3. how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating: AS ABOVE TY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-do-i-get-cortana-to-tell-me-when-typing/de4c0dec-412e-4584-9269-9c535eff94da
  4. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...
  5. Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft last week pushed out a new update for its Your Phone app for users who have updated to the company’s latest version Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The Your Phone app lets users to access their photos and media gallery on their PCs. The app received couple of updates...
  6. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  7. Microsoft Casual Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Casual Games: Why is it that every time I get Microsoft updates to my computer, my Microsoft Casual games don't work (i.e. Solitaire, Word Games, etc.)? Moved from: Apps on Insider Preview / Xbox App / PC...
  8. How do i move apps and games to data from this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i move apps and games to data from this pc: I don't have enough space in the this pc drive but I have enough in the "data" drive how do I move it??????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-move-apps-and-games-to-data-from-this-pc/249f9b4c-b4f4-4a86-a647-53c39176b67e
  9. issue of keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue of keyboard: hi ,,in recent Microsoft update my @ an " keys are swapped .. I need to regain it ..is there any way to do it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/issue-of-keyboard/d30d6d74-4568-4a21-a88a-797efabdd666
  10. WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool and keep OEM apps

WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool and keep OEM apps: My computer shipped with Windows 10 installed, along with some OEM apps. If I use the Media Creation Tool to reinstall Windows, will I lose the ability to install the OEM apps?...