Windows 10: Add my App to Win 10 Autoplay Options

Discus and support Add my App to Win 10 Autoplay Options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have searched everywhere trying to find a way to add my own App to the list of selectable options in Autoplay defaults. I can't believe I'm the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DickyOz, Aug 1, 2016.

1. DickyOz Win User

Add my App to Win 10 Autoplay Options

I have searched everywhere trying to find a way to add my own App to the list of selectable options in Autoplay defaults. I can't believe I'm the only person in the universe who wants to do so. (I have Visual Studio 2008 for App development)
    I have tried writing a .dll and putting Registry entries in Root, HK_Local_Machine Classes and Autoplayhandlers. But my App doesn't appear in the list of selectable options.
    I want my own App to put photos into my Gallery structure, the MS option just doesn't do what I want.
    Has anyone else done something similar or have any clues on how it can be done?
    Dicky.

:)

DickyOz, Aug 1, 2016

2. How to Add App to AutoPlay Options?

David,

If it works in your older computer I guess the answer should be easy (assuming the same Adobe software/version installed in both computers). Export the key from your old system:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers

Upload to your cloud account and share the link.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 1, 2016
  3. How to Add App to AutoPlay Options?

Thank you for your assistance,

Unfortunately, when I visit 'Set defaults by app,' most of my applications do not appear in the list. There's maybe sixty default Windows 10 apps and just five of the dozens I've installed so far - Firefox, Chrome, iTunes, SketchUp, and WinRAR. Missing
    is the entire Adobe suite (two-dozen separate apps), the entire Corel suite (half a dozen apps), the Microsoft Office 2007 suite (half a dozen apps), Quicken, Quickbooks, and a few dozen more.

Any ideas?

David_D_1138, Aug 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi try this useful program:

Add my App to Win 10 Autoplay Options [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 1, 2016
  5. DickyOz Win User
    DickyOz, Aug 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Much safer to use a GUI than editing the registry. Good luck anyway.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Add my App to Win 10 Autoplay Options - Similar Threads - Add App Autoplay

2. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  3. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  4. Windows 7 Autoplay options

Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  5. Windows 7 Autoplay options

Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  6. Windows 7 Autoplay options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 7 Autoplay options

8. Win 10 autoplay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 autoplay: I want C:\Program Files x86\FastStone Image Viewer\FSViewer.exe to open when I connect the LG phone. Can I do a registry mod to accomplish this? Thanks, Terry Ryan [ATTACH]...
  9. Problems with Autoplay Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Autoplay Options: After setting up my new PC with Windows 10 I discovered that when attaching my Canon Powershot A540 camera via USB, I don't get the same Autoplay options as I did on my old PC running Windows 10. My old PC allows me to "Import pictures and videos (Photo Gallery). My new PC...
  10. Autoplay options missing in registry....Win 10 / 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay options missing in registry....Win 10 / 1903: Autoplay options missing in registry....Win 10 / 1903 After "policies" there should be / explorer and then some autoplay options...but those options are missing! This is what shows up instead....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add app to autoplay

2. How to Add App to AutoPlay Options