Windows 10: Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

Discus and support Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive: [img] Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NavyLCDR, Mar 24, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive:

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install [​IMG]

Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to have them applied during a clean install of Windows 10?

My current install is a clean install without the customizations or provisioning package applied, the C:\Recovery folder was retrieved from an image backup I made before doing the current clean install.

@Kari <attention getter. You're probably the everything Windows recovery and installation expert that knows the answer!

:)

NavyLCDR, Mar 24, 2017

2. Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage Issue

Hello! Thanks for the reply!

Yes, they are in the windows store and they are installed.

The problem is that when I install windows after a clean installation or if I create a new user they're no longer autoinstalled on the pc and I have to manually search and install them from the store as they have been removed from the provisioned appx package.

Is there any way to add these (windowscommunicationapps) to the appxprovisionedpackage again so that they are autoinstalled with windows?

Thanks again for your kind help!

RitaCocozza, Mar 24, 2017
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows Store - Remove/Add Provisioned Package

Hi Angelo,

We suggest that you post your concern to Microsoft TechNet as this matter is best handled by their level of support and expertise. You may keep in touch with them on this

link

Regards.

Rose Ter, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I too will await an expert opinion with interest but as I undertand it, if you make a Recovery Drive and tick the box for 'include system files' the provisioning package gets copied too. The recovery drive should then have everything needed to do a 'factory reset' clean install to manufacturer's original condition.

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, I thought about that. I might give that a go in the meantime.

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    Nothing to add to that.

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    So, I can't add it to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive? I have to do it via creating a recovery drive?

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

If you have a provisioning package as standard provisioning package file (.ppkg) you can add it to an offline image (install.wim) with DISM. Simple straight forward instructions: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/bea...ge-using-dism/

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thank you for all the help and info!

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
  10. Kyhi Win User
    If it was Recovery Media > you would copy those Folders into the SOURCES Folder
    Along with the Factory Install.wim or Install.swm(s) from the Image Partition
    And Along with the Factory WinRE.wim from the Recovery Tools Partition (Renamed Boot.wim)

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    I looked and they are on the recovery drive I created from the built-in Windows create recovery media function. Going to do the recovery later this morning and see what I get as a result. I'm usually not a big fan of factory recoveries but I just bought a refurbished laptop that came with Windows 10 installed by the refurbishing company but has no OEM support of Windows 10 from HP. They did a bad job of it, though. Windows 10 was installed in legacy CSM mode instead of UEFI and when I went to install the second HDD in the laptop I found that the SSD had one screw not tightened at all (luckily it is in a caddy with captive screws) and the internal door over the SSD caddy was also not screwed down (again, captive screw there, thank goodness).

So, I'm just curious if the provisioning package had some drivers in it that would make all the function keys work which didn't work after I did a clean install in UEFI mode.

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
  12. Kyhi Win User
    make an Image of your clean Install..
    Then double click the apps.ppkg to install factory customizations...

see if that works...

that ppkg will get applied if included in the c\recovery folder when doing a reset
    and will be copied to recovery media - using recovery media tool

all the other files in those folders - are for Factory OEM Recovery, partitions, customizations, etc..

What you want to KEEP and USE is the Factory WinRE.wim (Recovery Media - Boot.wim)
    As it has been customized with boot and system drivers.. vs Clean Install winre.wim

13. NavyLCDR New Member

More interesting info! Thanks @Kyhi!

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
  14. alphanumeric, Mar 25, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, just tried doing a complete restore from the recovery drive I created and it failed. Didn't pay much attention to the error at the end. It's a birthday present for my wife in about 9 days and I am just going to move her existing installation over to this computer anyway, but was trying to make sure I had all the proper hardware drivers saved. The fingerprint reader shows up in device manager but Windows 10 does not recognize it for login and the smart card reader that seems to be installed does not show up in device manager at all and does nothing when I put my military CAC in it. She probably wouldn't use the fingerprint reader anyway and definitely not the smart card reader.

Otherwise it is a great performing laptop and will be a big step up from what she is used to!

NavyLCDR, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install - Similar Threads - Add OEM Provisioning

2. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  3. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  4. Is this the correct PowerShell script to add a provisioning package to one existing user?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is this the correct PowerShell script to add a provisioning package to one existing user?: Is this the correct PowerShell script to add a provisioning package to one existing user? The same as if I were to in-person go to:start >> settings >> accounts >> access work or school >> add or remove provisioning packages >> add packageCan anyone confirm this is the...
  5. Install .exe app with Provision package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  6. how to add windows calculator to provisioned package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to add windows calculator to provisioned package: Hi, I found windows calculator not in provisioned package, so new users will not have this apps . i have to manuall add-appxpackage. i think i accidentally ran powershell delete it, the package still under c:\program file\windowsapp folder. is there anyway i can add it...
  7. Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?: Hello there all. I come to you with a simple question that hopefully has an equally simple solution. For a while now I've been enrolling devices into AAD with provisioning packages, and I rely heavily on the naming convention to apply via the package so the device pulls the...
  8. Provisioning Package issues

Provisioning Package issues: Hey Yall, I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot of issues. I have tried a bare bones .ppkg with only one setting changed and also a full blown custom .ppkg with about 100...
  9. Provisioning package fails to install

Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...
  10. Using Provisioning Packages

Using Provisioning Packages: Hello Everyone, While reading about Provisioning Packages, I cannot figure out where and when to use them? I really appreciate if you could help find some use cases of PP. Why Microsoft came up with the idea of PP? Does they replace GPOs? (if anything to do with GPOs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add provisioning package to usb install

2. fresh windows install with provisioning package]

3. how does windows 00be recognize a provisioning package from usb media

4. how to remove oem software ysing provisioning packages,
  5. add provisioning package to windows installation