Windows 10: Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10 How to Add "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" context menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by EDP, Oct 1, 2016.

1. EDP
    EDP Win User

Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10

How to: Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10

How to Add "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" context menu in Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with Windows PowerShell 5.0 included.

Windows PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language designed especially for system administration. Built on the .NET Framework, Windows PowerShell helps IT professionals and power users control and automate the administration of the Windows operating system and applications that run on Windows.

For more details about Windows PowerShell, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a Open PowerShell window here as administrator context menu for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add, remove, or use the "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" context menu.

The "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" context menu will be available when you right click or shift + right click on a folder or drive, and when you right click or shift + right click on the background of a folder, drive, library, or desktop.

EXAMPLE: "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" context menu

Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Do step 2 (add-right click), step 3 (add-Shift+right click) , or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Add Right Click "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Open_PowerShell_window_here_as_administrator_context_menu.reg

Download

3 To Add Shift + Right Click "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Shift+Open_PowerShell_window_here_as_administrator_context_menu.reg

Download

4 To Remove "Open PowerShell window here as administrator" Context Menu
    This is the default setting.

Remove_Open_PowerShell_window_here_as_administrator_context_menu.reg

Download
    5 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. T[MAC] Win User

Windows 10 Calculator not working

Open up PowerShell with Administrator rights. Then, paste this code into the PowerShell window. It will restore all Windows 10 default Apps.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach
    {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
    -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

T[MAC], Oct 1, 2016
  3. DOLBY ATMOS APP ON WINDOWS STORE SHOWING ERROR

Hi!

I solved this problem opening the Windows PowerShell with administrator privileges and typed this command for clear and repair All Windows Apps from Windows Store.

1. Open Windows PowerShell with Administrator;

2. Paste the command bellow:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. Wait for complete process (ignore erros and wait)

4. Close Windows PowerShell.

5. Open and configure the Dolby Access.

GuilhermeA01, Oct 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello EDP, *Smile

Odd. It closed for me, but I have updated the tutorial to use /C for you to help.

Brink, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Hi,
    This one is *Cool
    I'm getting quite a collection of reg files thanks for your generous geekness *Smile
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Mar 12, 2017
  6. flvegat Win User
    On my laptop Powershell immediately auto-closes and leaving a command shell running. Tried changing '/c' to '/k', made no difference.

flvegat, Aug 2, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello flvegat, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Does it look like the example screenshot in the tutorial?

If so, it's running PowerShell even though it's in a command window instead of the usual blue PowerShell window.

Brink, Aug 2, 2017
  8. Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10

You do nice work Shawn. Thanks.

Wiley Coyote, Aug 2, 2017
  9. flvegat Win User
    Sorry, didn't notice the Powershell prompt

flvegat, Aug 2, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem. I just wanted to make sure it was working properly for you. *Smile

Brink, Aug 2, 2017
  11. JTB3 Win User
    Is there any way to get this registry mode to produce the normal 'blue' normal Powershell window? (instead of the oversized black command window)

Thanks!, -JT

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello JT, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Done.

I've updated the add .reg files in the tutorial for it to open an actual PowerShell window.

Brink, Aug 10, 2017
  13. JTB3 Win User

Thanks Brink! *Smile I just downloaded it and tested the "Add_Shift+Open_PowerShell_window_here_as_administrator_context_menu.reg", and noticed a BIG error is being shown every time the window is opened now... I've attached a screenshot:

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Creators Update) 64-bit. Would totally appreciate a fix for this! (we are so close...)
    -JT

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Well, heck. It was working just fine yesterday. *Confused

I'll look into it, and see what can be done. May have to go back to command window running PowerShell instead for it to be stable.

Brink, Aug 10, 2017
  15. JTB3 Win User
    Thanks Brink! Really hoping you can fix this! (the oversized command window looks pretty ugly and doesn't distinguish itself)
    -JT

Thema:

1. Add Open PowerShell window here as administrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Open PowerShell

2. settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening: i can not open my settings app.also no option is showing to start cmd or powershell as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-cmd-as-administrator-powershell-as/4e840f44-6303-46b7-a043-4c90e9e935c2
  3. Missing Windows Explorer feature - open powershell window here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Windows Explorer feature - open powershell window here: I Updated to 2004 and i am missing the function in the explorer to shift+rightclick to open powershell windows in this directory how can i fix this? submitted by /u/MasterTim17 [link] [comments]...
  4. Add Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator in Windows 10: How to: Add Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator in Windows 10 How to Add "Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator" context menu in Windows 10 The Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is one of two hosts for the Windows PowerShell...
  5. Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10: How to: Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10 How to Add "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" context menu in Windows 10 The Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is one of two hosts for the Windows PowerShell engine and...
  6. Open PowerShell window here context menu - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open PowerShell window here context menu - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open PowerShell window here context menu - Add in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Open PowerShell window here' context menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with Windows PowerShell 5.0 included. Windows PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and...
  7. Open command window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open command window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open command window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10 How to Add "Open command window here as administrator" context menu in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at...
  8. Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10 How to Add 'Open Bash window here as administrator' context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and...
  9. Open command window here - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open command window here - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open command window here - Add in Windows 10 How to Add 'Open command window here' context menu in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform...
  10. Open Bash window here context menu - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Bash window here context menu - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open Bash window here context menu - Add in Windows 10 How to Add 'Open Bash window here' context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and developer scenarios....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open powershell window here

2. open powershell window here as administrator

3. open powershell window here administrator

4. open powershell window here admin,
  5. powershell window 10 command to reinstall dolby atmos