Windows 10: Add optional feature to install SSH through command line

Discus and support Add optional feature to install SSH through command line in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to enable SSH through https://www.howtogeek.com/336775/how...-ssh-commands/ but when I go to add an optional feature I see no options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win1, Jan 7, 2018.

1. win1 Win User

Add optional feature to install SSH through command line

I am trying to enable SSH through https://www.howtogeek.com/336775/how...-ssh-commands/ but when I go to add an optional feature I see no options in the list (Screenshot attached). I have version 1709 so should be on the correct version? Hopefully this isn't a silly mistake but would appreciate any help

Add optional feature to install SSH through command line [​IMG]

:)

win1, Jan 7, 2018
  2. fizux Win User

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Same issue - looking to install ssh not a langpack. Fast track; recently completed a "fresh start" reinstall.

Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -online | ? { $_.FeatureName -like "*ssh*" } | FT

returns nothing

manage optional features > Add a feature

results in "no features to install"

any ideas?

fizux, Jan 7, 2018
  3. SSH client/server? VPN? RDP?

An icon for SSH? Have you used open ssh before?

OpenSSH is a command line tool.. you can use the SSH client by running it in an x terminal:

ssh -l username remotehost

will log into a system called remotehost using the username "username"

It doesn't have an icon and can't be launched / used in that way...

cpitchford, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Add optional feature to install SSH through command line

Please type regedit.exe into Start Menu to open registry editor.

Navigate to:

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

Ifthere's a value called UseWUServer, double click it to set data value to 0 or delete the UseWUServer, value and restart your computer.

Hopefully this will resolve your issue.

FreeBooter, Jan 7, 2018
  5. win1 Win User
    Hi FreeBooter, I do not have a entry for UseWUServer however the WSUS server is configured in WUServer. Is that restricting the installation of optional features?

win1, Jan 8, 2018
  6. You have to check AU registry key for UseWUServer value.

You don't have to worry about WUServer if you can update your computer from Settings ---> Update and Security --> Windows Update.

Open the Command Prompt as a administrator.

You would use DISM to fix Windows component store corruptions.

Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth [/quote]

Execute below command to make sure corrupted system files repaired.

Code: Sfc /Scannow[/quote]
    Check to see issue has been resolved.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Add optional feature to install SSH through command line

1. Add optional feature to install SSH through command line - Similar Threads - Add optional feature

2. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  3. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  4. we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#: We are trying to execute some cmd command through ssh in c#.How can we proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-execute-cmd-command-through-ssh-in-c/e9e1d788-c7e0-43ef-b44d-6a4422b2a570
  5. we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we want to execute cmd command through ssh in c#: We are trying to execute some cmd command through ssh in c#.How can we proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-want-to-execute-cmd-command-through-ssh-in-c/e9e1d788-c7e0-43ef-b44d-6a4422b2a570
  6. How to add tag into a picture by command line?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add tag into a picture by command line?: Hi all, I am using Windows 10 and need to add tags for multiple pictures. It's too slow to add it one by one, is there a script way like command line to do it in batch? Regards, Ming...
  7. CPU/GPU temps through command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU/GPU temps through command line: Greetings fellas Windows users! I have no clue if here is the appropriate subreddit to ask it but, is there a way to check the CPU/GPU temperatures through command line (powershell/cmd)? I do know I could use cpu-z and derivatives, but I would like to see it through the "old...
  8. CPU/GPU temps through command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU/GPU temps through command line: Greetings fellaz windows users! I have no clue if here is the appropriate subreddit to ask it but, is there a way to check the CPU/GPU temperatures through command line (powershell/cmd)? I do know I could use cpu-z and derivatives, but I would like to see it through the "old...
  9. Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature: Hi, community! I'm trying basically to Add Windows Media Player, When I'm trying to add it and when I do preform "install" - I click "back" and the progression is all gray, no progress. It's taking some time and the installation is finished (without any progression mark on...
  10. Can't add user via command line

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add user via command line: I am trying to add a user via the command line through a virtual pc I added with VMWare. I'm running windows 10, and unable to add because this is what I get when I open CMD: I can't go beyond this point, I keep getting error messages. Any help would be deeply appreciated....