Windows 10: Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10

Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10.

Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages, research documents, necessary files and applications, is connected and available to you in one click. Office (starting with Mail & Calendar and OneNote), Windows, and Edge become more integrated to create a seamless experience, so you can get back to whats important and be productive, recapturing that moment, saving time Microsoft believes thats the true value of Sets.

Sets: With all the elements that go into a task, sometimes convincing yourself to get started is the hardest part. Sets help you keep webpages, documents, files, and apps connected, while remaining just one click away. When you close a file that includes a group of tabs, itll help you bring those tabs back to life the next time you open it. Whether its something you pick up later in the day or in a couple weeks, Sets is being designed to help you keep the important things together.

Add tabs to apps: To help fuel Sets, most apps will be able to add app and web tabs. When you select a link in something like an e-mail, itll open in a new tab next to the app you were using. Selecting the plus (+) in an app will take you to a new tab page, which will help you jump to your next location. You might already know where you want to go, or just need a little bit of inspiration. From here, youll be able to search your PC and the internet, access customized feeds, open frequently used websites and apps, and get suggestions based on your recent activity.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17639, you can now add or remove specific apps to a list to not be included in sets of tabs.
    • Any app you add to the list will no longer have an option to open a new tab.
    • If you add Microsoft Edge to your list, it will open a New tab - Microsoft Edge window instead of a new tab in apps.
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove apps you want to not be included in sets of tabs for your account in Windows 10.

*note Tabs in apps will need to be turned on to be able to add or remove apps.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add Apps to List to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs
    • Option Two: Remove Apps from List to be Included in Sets of Tabs

OPTION ONE [/i] Add Apps to List to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, and click/tap on Add an app under Sets on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select an app (ex: "File Explorer") you don't want included in sets of tabs, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished adding apps you want to this list, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Remove Apps from List to be Included in Sets of Tabs
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, click/tap on an added app (ex: "File Explorer") on the right side you want to now be included in sets of tabs, and click/tap on the Remove button. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished removing apps you want from this list, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 21, 2016
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Naki Win User
    Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

6. Brink Win User
    Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

Read more:
    Read more: Microsoft reportedly shelves Windows 10 'Sets' feature as Edge moves to Chromium | Windows Central

Note To see more details about Sets in Windows 10:

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Apps

2. Add home tab setting to Clock app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add home tab setting to Clock app: I use the Timer tab of the Clock app almost exclusively, but restarting my computer returns me to the Focus Sessions tab. Timer used to be right on top. Could Microsoft add a setting to let me open the Clock app to Timer?Removing Focus Sessions would work for me, but people...
  3. Add home tab setting to Clock app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add home tab setting to Clock app: I use the Timer tab of the Clock app almost exclusively, but restarting my computer returns me to the Focus Sessions tab. Timer used to be right on top. Could Microsoft add a setting to let me open the Clock app to Timer?Removing Focus Sessions would work for me, but people...
  4. Add home tab setting to Clock app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Apps, including Settings, will not open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps, including Settings, will not open.: I'm not sure what happened, but I have not been able to open the settings app. I tried a few suggestions from similar posts on here, however nothing seems to work. Running sfc /scannow, as suggested, yielded a message saying that files were corrupt but could not be repaired....
  6. Windows 1903 (18362.86) Add/Remove Apps settings crashes

Windows 1903 (18362.86) Add/Remove Apps settings crashes: Hi, I just upgraded to Windows 1903 (18362.86) by switching my local admin account to an online account and joining the Windows Insiders program. After successfully updating, I un-enrolled from Windows Insiders and reverted to a local account. Now, the Add/Remove Apps module...
  7. How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10

How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10: Hey, i was wondering on how i can chnage what settings me and the users of the computer is able to go into. For an example if i want to block accounts settings in the settings app what would i do then? Please help me i need this fast! Also if it is possible to do in the...
  8. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...
  9. Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Include in library' from Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can...
  10. Twitter adds Tabs to its Windows 10 app

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter adds Tabs to its Windows 10 app: [img] Twitter’s Windows 10 app is getting a lot more useful, thanks to a major new feature the company is introducing today. Twitter on Windows 10 now has support for tabs — and that makes the app so much more useful on the desktop. Being able to open different...