Windows 10: Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Columns for Details in Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Columns for Details in Task Manager in Windows 10

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.

If you like, you can add or remove columns for details in the Processes, App history, Startup, Users, and Details tabs in Task Manager.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, Task Manager now includes 2 new columns in the Processes tab to show energy impact of the running process on their system. This should help our customers to understand which apps/services are using the maximum power vs. the least power-hungry apps. The metric takes CPU, GPU & Disk into evaluation when calculating power usage.
    • Power usage: This column will provide an instantaneous view of apps/services using power.
    • Power usage trend: This column provides a power usage trend over 2 mins for each running apps/services. This column will be blank when you start an app but will populate based on the power usage every 2 mins.
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove columns for details in the tabs of Task Manager for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Processes Tab in Task Manager
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Columns for Details in App history Tab in Task Manager
    • Option Three: To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Startup Tab in Task Manager
    • Option Four: To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Users Tab in Task Manager
    • Option Five: To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Details Tab in Task Manager

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Processes Tab in Task Manager
    1. Open Task Manager in more details view.

2. Click/tap on the Processes tab. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Network"), and click/tap on the details to check (add) or uncheck (remove) the items you want.

4. Right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Network"), click/tap on Resource values, click/tap on Memory, Disk, or Network, and click/tap on to show in Percents or Values.

Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Columns for Details in App history Tab in Task Manager

2. Click/tap on the App history tab. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Tile updates"), and click/tap on the details to check (add) or uncheck (remove) the items you want.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Startup Tab in Task Manager

2. Click/tap on the Startup tab. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Startup impact"), and click/tap on the details to check (add) or uncheck (remove) the items you want.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Users Tab in Task Manager

2. Click/tap on the Users tab. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Network"), and click/tap on the details to check (add) or uncheck (remove) the items you want.

4. Right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Network"), click/tap on Resource values, click/tap on Memory, Disk, or Network, and click/tap on to show in Percents or Values.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Add or Remove Columns for Details in Details Tab in Task Manager

2. Click/tap on the Details tab. (see screenshots below)

3. To quickly hide a column, right click or press and hold on a column detail name (ex: "Background Moderated") you want to hide, and click/tap on Hide columns.

4. To add or remove columns, right click or press and hold on an existing column detail name (ex: "Background Moderated"), click/tap on Select columns, check (add) or uncheck (remove) the items you want, and click/tap on OK.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need.

blahblahblah909, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I'd like to disable Skype and all the crap that I don't need in windows 10. I've gone through the settings and removed it from the optional program list but I still see Skype and some other executables or processes running in task manager , i'm sure there's a way

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Details in Task Manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Details

2. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  3. Task manager crash on more detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager crash on more detail: Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but nothing, can you help me solve that? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Needs other details? Thank you....
  4. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  5. WIn 10 Task manager "Go to details" function changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIn 10 Task manager "Go to details" function changed: Hello, since my last update, a couple of weeks ago, the "goto details" behaviour ahas changed. Previously when I had several IE , or CHrom or firefox windows opened I was able to click the root procees -> click "go to details" -> choosing "endprocess tree" killed them all....
  6. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...
  7. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238
  8. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details...
  9. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...
  10. Open Task Manager directly to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Task Manager directly to Details: Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details? 39599