Windows 10: Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ddelo, Mar 18, 2018.

1. ddelo Win User

Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10

Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and access of all of your connected and wireless devices on your computer in one place. By viewing the contents of this folder, you can check to see which devices you have connected, view details about the devices, and learn what tasks you can perform with them by right clicking on the device and selecting the task you would like to do.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Devices and Printers under 'Devices and drives' in This PC for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove Devices and Printers from This PC.

EXAMPLE: Devices and Printers in This PC

Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Devices and Printers

Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10 you have.

2. To Add Devices and Printers to This PC in 32-bit Windows 10
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

32-bit_Add_Devices-and-Printers_to_This_PC.reg

Download

3. To Add Devices and Printers to This PC in 64-bit Windows 10
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

64-bit_Add_Devices-and-Printers_to_This_PC.reg

Download

4. To Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10
    *note This is the default setting.

Remove_Devices-and-Printers_from_This_PC.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If File Explorer is open, refresh (F5) or close and reopen File Explorer to apply.

9. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ddelo, Mar 18, 2018
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Printer issues after upgrading to Windows 10

You don't need new printer. Go to device manager removes new printer driver that windows 10 add. Then clic printer and scanner and also remove from this list, only remove the printer you use, leave PDF or other printers alone if you have them. They don't
    interfere with what's Wong with the actual printer problem that you have. Now once you remove the printer then do add printer select old driver make sure select correct port either USB port 1 or 2. If you use laptop. L1 or L2 if it's Desktop. When you finish
    test print see if it prints. if you get print error you add to incorrect port. Uninstalled from device manager and remove your printer list then add printer again until you find correct printer port. If this multi function you will need to add printer and
    fax using new driver instead of older for your scanner to work.

Bill Phothirath, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Dimitri. *Smile

Brink, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Devices and Printers from This PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Devices

2. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  3. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  4. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...
  5. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  6. Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue"

Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue": We are properly deploying a print server and I have removed the printers previously shared to the network from workstations and servers. When a user chooses to add a device/printer, the auto search still displays these printers. I have removed the shared printers from AD and...
  7. Add a device or add printer not working windows 10

Add a device or add printer not working windows 10: Whenever I go to the device and printers and try to add a device the wizard flashes on and then immediately closed. I tried from the command line and got the same results. I have tried all the fixes like stopping the print spooler and such. Does anyone have this same issue?...
  8. "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog: Hi, I am running Windows 10, and, when I go to the "Devices and Printers" window, I have no "Add a Device" or "Add a Printer" dialog appearing when I click the related buttons in the top-right. I only see a brief flash of a blank opening window, and then nothing. I am...
  9. Removing items from "Devices and Printers"

Removing items from "Devices and Printers": Hi, On our lan connected desktop's devices and printers section of the control panel has items attached by USB but also things on our network that are wireless. Is there any way to hide or remove some (like the smart TVs) from this while still keeping them on the network?...
  10. Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 How Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 The This PC window includes a Folders group that displays a linked 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder from the...