Windows 10: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello kbird, *Smile That's correct. The .reg files in this tutorial are unrelated to Libraries. What you described is what should be seen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jaxel, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Hello kbird, *Smile

That's correct. The .reg files in this tutorial are unrelated to Libraries.

What you described is what should be seen when using the remove drives .reg file.

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

Great , I just thought unko might be a bit confused as to what this .reg should and shouldn't do for them.

Kbird, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hopefully, we'll be able to help unko get it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Hemimax Win User

Hi Brink, this is a great tweak I really like it.
    Is it maybe all the recent updates lately that keep adding the two folders back to the registry? I cannot think of anything I might have done to restore the original settings.

Hemimax, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Hemimax, *Smile

That's correct. New builds will often reset some items back to default.

Brink, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Yes I found the same thing Hemimax , I have now merged 5 or 6 .reg files of Brink's into one .reg file and just run it after each major windows update to turn them all back on at once. ( A tip I saw here on Ten somewhere)

Pity we can't stop the "Customer Experience" Stuff coming back each Update too.

Kbird, Sep 2, 2016
  7. Hemimax Win User
    Well OK then, thank you both for confirming that, I really appreciate it, and that multiple registry merge sounds good.

Hemimax, Sep 2, 2016
  8. madmax2 Win User

thanks

this tweak is very good..

madmax2, Dec 16, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help madmax2. *Smile

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  10. ArmaRayo Win User
    Does this remove double drives also from any file save windows used by apps/prog?

Many times many tweaks to File Explorer show up only in File Explorer, but when apps use Window's file save window then stuff might be back...

ArmaRayo, Dec 30, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Arma, *Smile

It should, but sometimes it's a hit and miss with 3rd party software.

Brink, Dec 30, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome @finiderire, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, May 7, 2017
  13. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

If you execute the reg file it will remove all drives in the navigation pane correct? Is there a reg file that will only remove the duplicate drives and my last question Shawn, is why are there duplicate drives in the first place?

Josey Wales, May 7, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Josey, *Smile

It'll remove all the separate groups of drives in the navigation pane. It won't remove the ones listed under the "This PC" group.

Brink, May 7, 2017
  15. Thanks Shawn, I appreciate it. *Thumbs

Josey Wales, May 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Duplicate

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  6. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  7. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Google Drive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the...
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...