Windows 10: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You're most welcome. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jaxel, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, May 7, 2017
  2. Baggi0 Win User

Hi, I'm having a couple of issues after merging the .reg file.

When I click on My PC the drives have gone like they should, if I click on the shortcut I have to my folders on different drives I have on the desktop the some drives still show up in the navigation pane.

Opening D: shows just D: still
    Opening E: shows E: still
    Opening F: shows all the drives
    Opening another shortcut on F: shows no drives as it should

Very strange, any ideas what to do?

I've checked both Delegatefolders in reg edit and none have {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} in them anymore.

Baggi0, Oct 25, 2017
  3. Baggi0 Win User
    Just noticed on the F: drive it changes every time I click on it sometimes no drives show other times they all show.

Also i have noticed explorer restarting very quickly (the taskbar disappears few a second then comes back) so it looks like its refreshing or something.

Baggi0, Oct 25, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Baddi0, *Smile

Go ahead and post a screenshot showing what you're seeing to see if anything may stand out.

If you haven't already, restart the computer to see if that may help.

Brink, Oct 25, 2017
  5. Baggi0 Win User
    Hi Brink,

Here are the screenshots, thanks *Smile

clicking on this "This PC" on the desktop and its fine.

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

D: shortcut on the desktop still shows the D: drive

and E: still shows the E: drive

F: was working but after another restart is gone back to this

Baggi0, Oct 25, 2017
  6. Baggi0 Win User
    1 more thing i have Sata Hot plug enabled in my Bios could that be causing issues?

Baggi0, Oct 25, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Having SATA Hot plug enabled shouldn't affect this, but you can test your theory by temporarily disabling it.

Normally, only drives considered as removable are shown separately in the navigation pane. It's interesting that your Windows drive ("C") is showing separately. It shouldn't.

Do you happen to have any 3rd party tweaking program installed that may have an option to add or remove these drives from the navigation pane?

As a test, run the remove .reg file one more time to see how it looks afterwards.

Brink, Oct 25, 2017
  8. Kbird Win User

I believe Hotswap drives are considered "removable" are they not? ( would explain C: showing) if you check the USB removal icon on the taskbar they should show up there if Windows thinks it removable. Disable Hotswap if you don't use it eg in a RAID setup or for backup purposes with a Drive Caddy.

KB

Kbird, Oct 25, 2017
  9. Baggi0 Win User
    I have CCleaner but I don't know if that counts as a tweaking programs other that I don't have any that I know of.

I've ran the .reg file again and turned off hot-swapping but before I did I checked the taskbar and I had no USB removal icon in there.

After the restart everything looks good. I'll post again later on and let you know if thats still the case *Smile

Baggi0, Oct 25, 2017
  10. Baggi0 Win User
    Well its been a few hours and it seems as everything is working fine now.

It must have been the hotplug that I had on that was causing the issues. Thanks for the help guys *Smile

Baggi0, Oct 26, 2017
  11. Blofeld Win User
    I lost the ">" after I ran the "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" file. Is that WAD?

Before:

After:

Blofeld, Dec 1, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Blofeld, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

When you don't have the selected item (ex: "Quick access" or "This PC") in the navigation pane active (highlighted blue instead of gray), the arrows will fade away after a bit.

You can either hover over the area to have the arrows reappear, or click on the selected item (ex: "Quick access" or "This PC").

Brink, Dec 1, 2017
  13. madmax2 Win User

i think this problem occurs because of the sata hdd being enabled to be hot swappable in the BIOS..

I haven't test this theory though..

The reg file also removed the USB flash drive, microsd card from showing as well now.

madmax2, Dec 1, 2017
  14. Blofeld Win User
    Hi Brink, thank's.

I noticed that, but is that the way it is supposed to work or just a (un)fortunate side-effect?

Blofeld, Dec 1, 2017
  15. madmax2 Win User
    Is the problem of this duplicate drive occur is due to the removable drives including
    -flash drive
    -microsd cards
    -SATA hot swap hdd enabled in BIOS

madmax2, Dec 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Duplicate

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  6. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  7. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Google Drive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the...
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...