Windows 10: Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by dencal, Mar 18, 2016.

1. dencal Win User

Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

How to: Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Personalize and add new features to Microsoft Edge with extensions. Starting with Windows 10 build 14291, a selection of extensions is now available for Microsoft Edge on the PC.

When fully released to mainstream builds of Windows 10, extensions will be available via the Windows Store. Until that time, you can help us test extensions by downloading and adding them to Microsoft Edge using the steps shown below. You can try out the Mouse Gestures, Microsoft Translator and Reddit Enhancement Suite extensions today with more on the way.

Starting with InPrivate from the options menu for the extension. Microsoft is working with extension developers to enable more features when InPrivate.

For more details about extensions for Microsoft Edge, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove extensions in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add an Extension in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X)
    Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]
    . button, and click/tap on Extensions. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Explore more extensions link. (see screenshot below)

4. The Store app will now open for you. Click/tap on the extension (ex: "Translator for Microsoft Edge") you want to add (install). (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Get or Install button to install the selected extension (ex: "Translator for Microsoft Edge"). (see screenshots below)

6. When the extension has finished installing, click/tap on the Turn it on button for the extension in Microsoft Edge. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove an Extension in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X)
    . button, and click/tap on Extensions. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the installed extension (ex: "Translator for Microsoft Edge") you want to remove. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Uninstall. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

dencal, Mar 18, 2016

2. Flashing Icons.

An installed add-in or extension is possibly causing the flashing icons issue. If the issue also occurs when using a different web browser, I recommend temporarily disabling any add-in or extension installed and see if the issue continues. For the steps
    on how to disable extensions in Microsoft Edge, please refer to this
    page

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Mar 18, 2016
  3. IE11 has stopped working several times

Hi Dave,

There are different factors that can contribute to the concern wherein Internet Explorer 11 had multiple issues. This could be caused by a recent update or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages when you attempted to use Internet Explorer 11 and it stopped working?
    • What plugin in Microsoft Edge are you having difficulties with?

For your reference, you can check the articles below for the steps on how to add, remove and get additional plugins in Microsoft Edge:

We look forward to your response our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

At the beginning of the video, did she say "Microsoft Edge is the 'all new' browser...", or "only browser"? *Confused

Edwin, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Edwin,

I heard "all new browser" as well.

Brink, Mar 18, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Speech to text software instead of a real person?
    You guys know, how often does Cortana come up with funny results!

Cliff S, Mar 18, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316:

Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Apr 5, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342, instead of extracting and loading extensions from a local folder, all available extensions can now be downloaded directly from the Windows Store. This change means that your currently installed extensions will be removed, and you’ll have to reinstall the ones you want from the Store. Then in future updates, your extensions will be automatically re-downloaded and installed.

Brink, May 10, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    UPDATE:

In Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, previously installed extensions for Microsoft Edge may not work for around 15 minutes after your first sign-in. A work around for this is to manually re-install each extension from the Store.

Brink, May 26, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    See: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364

Brink, Jun 14, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    UPDATE:

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383, the Get more extensions from the Store link under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.

Brink, Jul 6, 2016
  12. Hi do you know if that will be included in the Redstone upgrade coming August 2nd

hTconeM9user, Jul 6, 2016
  13. Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

Thank you glad to know to look forward to

hTconeM9user, Jul 6, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Two new Edge extensions:

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Add Remove Extensions

2. Can’t remove or uninstall Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t remove or uninstall Extensions in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]Some users have reported that they can’t remove or uninstall extensions in their Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 11/10. While some users found a suspicious “Apps” name extension that is added in the browser without their knowledge, which they can’t remove, others found...
  3. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  4. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  5. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
  6. How to remove the Extensions menu button from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove the Extensions menu button from Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft lately has adopted the Chromium open-course project for its web browser Edge. Microsoft Edge now runs on the Chromium web engine delivering a better performance and web compatibility. The new Chromium-based Edge comes in with better productivity and some fun...
  7. Best Themes for Microsoft Edge from Edge Extensions and Add-ons Store

in Windows 10 News
    Best Themes for Microsoft Edge from Edge Extensions and Add-ons Store: [ATTACH]Microsoft moved away from Internet Explorer (IE), which was first seen in Windows 95 […] This article Best Themes for Microsoft Edge from Edge Extensions and Add-ons Store first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium engine powers the new Microsoft Edge browser. With the support of the Chromium engine, it brings in support for extensions from the Chrome Web Store as well. However, Microsoft has posted a list of separate extensions that they [...] This post...
  9. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. You can keep...
  10. Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Extensions to Microsoft Edge: I am excited to share that we have shipped the first preview release of Microsoft Edge with extensions support to Windows Insiders. Since the beginning of the Microsoft Edge project, our roadmap has always included extensions in order to support a vibrant community of...