Windows 10: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by emanuele912, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums. You can use video remix to instantly create a video from photos and videos you select. Use the video editor for fine-tuned adjustments change filters, text, camera motion, music, and more. You can even add 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video.

A new Favorites feature has been added to the Photos app. You can now mark your images as a favorite to make sure you can quickly find them later in your Favorites album.

When you mark an image as a favorite, it gets added to your Favorites album in the Photos app. The Favorites album will automatically be created if it doesn't already exist.

*note Only images from within an added folder in the Photos app Folders area will get added to the Favorites album, even if marked as a favorite.

This tutorial will show you how to add and remove images as Favorites in the Photos app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Mark Image as Favorite in Photos app
    • Option Two: To Remove Image from Favorites in Photos app
    • Option Three: To Remove Image from Favorites in Photos app Favorites Album

EXAMPLE: Favorites feature in Photos app

Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Mark Image as Favorite in Photos app
    1. While you have an image open in the Photos app, click/tap on the outlined heart button to Add to favorites. (see screenshot below)

*note The heart button will turn to solid black (dark mode) or white (light mode) to indicate you have added the image to favorites.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove Image from Favorites in Photos app
    1. While you have an image open in the Photos app, click/tap on the solid black (dark mode) or white (light mode) heart button to Remove from favorites. (see screenshot below)

*note The heart button will turn to only being outlined to indicate you have removed the image from favorites.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Remove Image from Favorites in Photos app Favorites Album
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on Albums at the top, and click/tap on your Favorites album. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on an image you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from favorites. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

emanuele912, Mar 18, 2016
  2. TF_950 Win User

Photos app - mass removal of photo from Favorites folder

Photos app allows me to remove only one photo at a time from its Favorites, by selecting it and then choosing Remove from Favorites. If I select multiple photos, even just two, and then click Remove from Favorites, no photos at all are removed from Favorites.
    I have many hundreds of photos in my Favorites due to a wedding photographer, and I not want to use the Favorites folder at all.

Also: I am puzzled that Photos never comes up in Microsoft support as a category for getting help on. It is not listed in All Products, and I equally do not know how to categorize my question on this board. It is a Microsoft Store app....

TF_950, Oct 27, 2019
  3. LaceyL& Win User
    windows 10 photo app

Windows 10 photos app; favorites folder:

I have two photos that are marked as favorites that I am unable to remove from the favorites in the photos app. I do not want to delete them or change the original file source, just remove from favorites. Any suggestions? Thanks.

LaceyL&, Oct 27, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Removing favorite from the drop down list on Windows 10 Edge

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the
    favorites from the drop down list.

• Open Edge browser.
    • Right top corner click on hub option.
    • Click on Favorites bar.
    • Right click and remove the favorites.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Favorites

2. windows 10 photos app favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 photos app favorites: Hi,I hate to say it but this app is so disappointing. I used it to mark about 2000 as "favorites" and it got me stuck in so many different ways, I wouldn't recommend it at all until it is fixed. Right now, after struggling with it for two months, I would like to remove all of...
  3. windows 10 photos app favorites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 photos app favorites: Hi,I hate to say it but this app is so disappointing. I used it to mark about 2000 as "favorites" and it got me stuck in so many different ways, I wouldn't recommend it at all until it is fixed. Right now, after struggling with it for two months, I would like to remove all of...
  4. Windows my Favorite Apps, how to ADD or REMOVE ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows my Favorite Apps, how to ADD or REMOVE ?: Very top of Windows are my "Favorite Apps" Example: Email, Facebook, work website, etc. but I don't remember how to = ADD or REMOVE them? After 2 days of looking I cannot find the answer. Thank you for your help...
  5. Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app: [ATTACH]If you are trying to mark a photo as a favorite, but notice that the Add to favorites button is grayed out in the Photos […] This article Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to add Favorites to Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Favorites to Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to add Favorites in the Photos app in Windows 10. Microsoft has added a new option to mark any […] This article How to add Favorites to Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 photo app favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo app favorites: I want to clear all the photos in my favorites folder but not one by one which is all I know how to do. How do I clear all favorites at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-favorites/c559cca0-50ba-4a0c-80b8-77fd42cfcee5"
  8. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  9. Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows How to Add, Remove, Export, and Merge Registry Favorites in Windows [img] Information If you use the Registry Editor to make customizations, check the contents of a particular key, or make fixes, you can save the key...
  10. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...