Windows 10: Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; The only thing different this time was it asked me for a PIN when I clicked on set-up. 1st time its done that. Things must have finally fallen into place. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Steveinnewriver, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10

The only thing different this time was it asked me for a PIN when I clicked on set-up. 1st time its done that. Things must have finally fallen into place.

Steveinnewriver, Jun 17, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yeah, you could enter a PIN, or select "other options" to use one of your other sign-in options.

It sounds like the HP SimplePass may have been causing an issue.

Brink, Jun 17, 2017
  3. ruggb Win User
    what do I do when Windows Creator tells me there is no fingerprint option?
    FP works fine in Windows Anniversary and shows up in the device manager in Creator, but Hello says it is not available.

ruggb, Jul 4, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10

Hello ruggb, *Smile

Do you mean that you do not have the "Fingerprint" option in Settings under "Windows Hello"?

Does Device Manager show any issues with the fingerprint device?

Brink, Jul 4, 2017
  5. ruggb Win User
    yes, it says the option is not available (I think, cause I reverted to 1607 since it didn't work so I can't look at it) the DM says the device is fine.

ruggb, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if reinstalling its drivers and restarting the computer may get it to show up afterwards.

Brink, Jul 4, 2017
  7. ruggb Win User
    done all that. reinstalled creator at least twice - it works perfect with 1607
    I posted a few times about this but MS apparently "knows better". I have heard nothing from them.

ruggb, Jul 5, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hopefully it'll do better in the Fall Creators Update to be released possibly sometime in September. *Sad

Brink, Jul 5, 2017
  9. ruggb Win User
    I'm not betting on it. There is no reason for it not to work other than maybe it is looking only for the new version of the sensor.
    Makes me mad

ruggb, Jul 5, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might also contact the fingerprint manufacturer to see if they may be able to have a solution via driver.

Brink, Jul 5, 2017
  11. ruggb Win User
    i tried the latest driver I can find. Hello appears to have become very picky about what FPS it will use.

ruggb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Fingerprint

2. How to add a fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a fingerprint: I have a fingerprint sensor on my laptop but in settings it says that the option is currently unavailable. I spent hours going through YouTube videos and articles and nothing worked....
  3. How to add a fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a fingerprint: I have a fingerprint sensor on my laptop but in settings it says that the option is currently unavailable. I spent hours going through YouTube videos and articles and nothing worked....
  4. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10: I'm trying to add a fingerprint for sign-in. Sign-in options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set up > Get started, and then nothing changes except hiding the Get started option :My PC:HP ZBook 15And, as checked, There isn't any update for the Biometric device named :...
  5. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10: I'm trying to add a fingerprint for sign-in. Sign-in options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set up > Get started, and then nothing changes except hiding the Get started option :My PC:HP ZBook 15And, as checked, There isn't any update for the Biometric device named :...
  6. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. remove and add gmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove and add gmail account: How do I remove and then add my gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-and-add-gmail-account/7889e760-ddbf-4214-be2d-47bc3acc911f
  8. Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10: How to: Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 makes it easy to add the accounts you use for your apps in one place in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts so you can sign in...
  9. Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Lock in Account Picture Menu in Windows 10 Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to lock the computer, you will be...
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases How to Add or Remove Aliases for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any...