Windows 10: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; @Kbird, If you change the TargetFolderPath value for your path like above, does it work properly? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hockeyfreak, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

@Kbird,

If you change the TargetFolderPath value for your path like above, does it work properly?

Brink, May 16, 2017
  2. Kbird Win User

Well that is the second strange part as there is no Google Drive Desktop Icon , nor one for OneDrive actually, yet they both show under Desktop in the Explorer view, and the Google Drive one properties says E:\ and can't be changed , not sure why it says it is read only though as I am the only User , so Admin of course..

There are Icons for both in the Taskbar area though.....

I have alot of desktop Icons (old habit as I hate start Menus and multiple layer drilling down) so I actually have my "desktop" on E:\ as well so that if a Win10 update goes sideways and needs reinstalling , I don't lose all my icons/links etc too.

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Kbird, May 17, 2017
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    I have Windows10 CU 64bit. I ran 64 bit reg file and restarted the windows.
    When I clicked Google Drive, I got the following

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Then I created the folder in default location.
    But I am not finding driver folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Google
    What am I doing wrong?

lvgandhi, May 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Gandhi, *Smile

Just to verify, did you already install the Google Drive app?

If so, did you move your "C:\Users\<username>" folder to different location?

Brink, May 17, 2017
  5. Kbird Win User
    Thanks Brink for posting those screenshots , it finally works here too *Smile

I did not realise that in 64 bit windows the location to change in the Registry is slightly different and I had used the 32bit location , and it seems the change was not recognised in all Circumstances or all Applications...

It's a bit hard to see in the pics ....so for others using 64 bit windows you also need to change the location of Google Drive at :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{81539FE6-33C7-4CE7-90C7-1C7B8F2F2D41}\Instance\InitPropertyBag

KB

Kbird, May 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted KB.

Just to clarify some more, 64-bit Windows will need to make the changes to both the 32-bit and 64-bit locations only if they have moved their "C:\Users\<username>" folder to a different location.

32-bit Windows will of course only need to make changes to the 32-bit locations.

Brink, May 17, 2017
  7. lvgandhi Win User
    Sorry!
    I did not read first fewlines. Thanks.

lvgandhi, May 17, 2017
  8. Kbird Win User

Thanks , I did leave the 32bit Change in place as well.

KB

Kbird, May 17, 2017
  9. Could you create one for my directory? I keep my Google Drive on my external (E*Smile drive.
    Thanks!
    64 Bit OS

KensonPlays, Jun 5, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @KensonPlays, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

No problem. Here's a .reg version for "E:\Google Drive".

E-drive_64-bit_Add_Google_Drive_to_navigation_pane.reg

Brink, Jun 5, 2017
  11. Thanks for the FAST response!

KensonPlays, Jun 5, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jun 5, 2017
  13. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Can you please provide a .reg file to add MEGA to file explorer navigation pane in 64-bit windows 10? Here is a link to the page with my MEGA location: add MEGAsync to nav pane - Windows 10 Forums

JoshuaVL1988, Jun 19, 2017
  14. Heya, Could I have one for my D:\ drive, on my laptop? Thanks!
    Full Directory:
    D:\Google Drive

KensonPlays, Jun 25, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @KensonPlays,

Here you go. *Smile

D-drive_64-bit_Add_Google_Drive_to_navigation_pane.reg

Brink, Jun 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Google

2. How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have installed Google Drive on your computer, then you can add Google Drive link to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows […] This article How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  3. Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Linux in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly...
  4. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  5. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  6. Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup...
  7. Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10....
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, all removable drives are shown separately in the navigation pane of File...
  10. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...