Windows 10: Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Lid open action" from Power Options in Windows 10 In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove "Lid open action" from Power Options in Windows 10

In Windows 10 Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is opened.

Users can specify one of the following actions to take: do nothing or turn on the display.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Lid open action setting under Power buttons and lid in Power Options for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Lid open action" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Lid open action" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Lid open action" in Power Options

Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Lid open action" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_BUTTONS 99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_BUTTONS 99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Lid open action" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347\99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Lid open action" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Lid_open_action_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Lid open action" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Lid_open_action_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 19, 2016
  2. Bree Win User

Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off

@stashek, you shouldn't need to look in the registry, you should be able to find all that in the Control Panel.

Look at Control Panel > Power options and click 'Choose what the power button does' or 'Choose what closing the lid does' from the list near the top at the left.

3. stashek Win User
    Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off

Guys I need help.I cant find a way to change 3 actions in my power plan.I need for option "sleep" -action do nothing,"close lid" -action do nothing and for option "power button" -turn off computer. The point is that I cant find proper registry.Is there any bat.file or registry file which can be modify particularly with this settings.Thanks in advance!

stashek, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. "Lid Open" function

Was the "Lid Open" function (ie. - power on when lid opens) removed in Windows 10. Was a really nice feature of Windows 7 Ultimate.

TopDog1961, Oct 27, 2019
  6. My Toshiba laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, share the information.

- What power option have you set when your laptops' lid is closed? have you set the power option to Sleep or Hibernate?

I Suggest you to check with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list, and follow the below steps:

1.On the Select a power plan page, click Choose what closing the lid does.
    2.On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, next to When I close the lid, choose what you want your laptop to do, both for when it's running on battery and when it's plugged in.
    3.Click Save changes.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Lid

2. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  3. Laptop Lid Open Action missing from Power Options in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop Lid Open Action missing from Power Options in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Laptop Lid Open Action is missing in Windows 11/10, then you can enable the Lid Open Action using POWERCFG. Using the Laptop Lid Open Action, you can make your laptop turn on automatically after opening the lid – or set any other action! But what if you find...
  4. Lid Open Action

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lid Open Action: Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing" but it still turns on when I'm opening the lid. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!...
  5. Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off: Guys I need help.I cant find a way to change 3 actions in my power plan.I need for option "sleep" -action do nothing,"close lid" -action do nothing and for option "power button" -turn off computer. The point is that I cant find proper registry.Is there any bat.file or...
  6. Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Critical battery action" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical...
  7. Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery action" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  8. Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Lid close action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is closed. Users can specify one...
  9. Add or Remove Sleep button action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep button action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Sleep button action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Sleep button action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware sleep button (if available) on the...
  10. Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Power button action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware power button on the PC is pressed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lid open action windows 10

2. the command that used to add open lid action hp