Windows 10: Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery notification" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows

How to Add or Remove "Low battery notification" from Power Options in Windows

The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level.

The Low battery level.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Low battery notification setting under Battery in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Low battery notification" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Low battery notification" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Low battery notification" in Power Options

Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Low battery notification" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_BATTERY bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_BATTERY bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Low battery notification" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f\bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Low battery notification" to Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Low_battery_notification_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Low battery notification" from Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Low_battery_notification_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Oct 27, 2019
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Deactivate low battery notification

Hi,

Windows 10 may have detected your old battery, the reason why your computer kept of notifying you about the battery life. To help you disable this notification, we suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

(Note: Make sure to unplug your laptop from the power source first before performing the steps below.)

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver and turn off the slider.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  5. low battery notification

I went into the power options and checked my low battery notifications and both are turned on but I still receive no notification of my battery being low. I have a Lenovo with Windows 10 installed. I bought the computer a few months ago and ever since
    I have upgraded to windows 10 this notification has not worked.

JohnMiller_3, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Rose Cal Win User
    No low battery notif + abrupt shutdown

Hi Chris-Irina,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue with no low battery notification.

If yes, it is possible that this issue happened due to configuration settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking if there's any pending updates?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by JohnSchoonover on this
    thread to troubleshoot your concern with no low battery notification.

If the issue still persists, we encourage you to submit a feedback or suggestion by following the steps on this
    link.
    We consider suggestions and comments provided by our users. These queries are being collated, reviewed, and can be considered for future updates.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Low battery notification from Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Low

2. Low Battery Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Battery Notification: My laptop used to warn me when my computer was on low battery and I usually would have 10-15 minutes until I got a critically low battery notification. Recently, I get no warning, my computer just shuts down unexpectedly. The battery longevity has decreased dramatically over...
  3. No Low Battery Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Low Battery Notification: Greetings to the MS Community: Would someone please help me to get a Low Battery Notification for Windows 10 laptop? My laptop does not show a Low Battery Notification. When the battery gets low, the laptop shuts down. Thank you for your help....
  4. low battery notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    low battery notification: hi, After the 1903 update I do not see the low battery notification, I can not find the option to activate it again, can you tell me where it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-notification/9d17553a-b93e-4bba-836c-fdc1f68560a8
  5. Add or Remove Reserve battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Reserve battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Reserve battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Reserve battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  6. Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Remove Critical battery notification from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Critical battery notification" from Power Options in Windows 10 The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and...
  7. Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Critical battery action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Critical battery action" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical...
  8. Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Critical battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  9. Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Low battery action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery action" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....
  10. Add or Remove Low battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Low battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Low battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Low battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level. The...