Windows 10: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Mar 31, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Microsoft Edge.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove websites as favorites in Microsoft Edge for your user account in Windows 10.

Note Starting in Windows 10 build 10565, your favorites in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file instead of the previous Favorites folder.

Code:
    Starting with Windows 10 build 16226, you can now view your favorites as a directory tree when you save new favorites, and collapse or expand folders from within the “Add to favorites” dialog. Just click the “Save in” folder list to get started!

Starting with Windows 10 build 16226, you can now edit the URL of any favorite in the Favorites menu or the Favorites Bar. You can use this to update the location of a site that has moved, or to create Bookmarklets in the favorites bar.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add a Website to Favorites in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: Add Tabs to Favorites in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Three: Remove a Website or Folder from Favorites in Microsoft Edge from Hub
    • Option Four: Remove a Website or Folder from Favorites in Microsoft Edge from Favorites Bar
    • Option Five: Reset and Delete All Favorites in Microsoft Edge using a BAT file

OPTION ONE [/i] Add a Website to Favorites in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app, and go to the website you want to add to favorites.

2. Press the CTRL+D keys or click/tap on the Add to Favorites
    icon in the address bar. (see screenshot below)

3. Type a name you want for the favorite. (see screenshot below)

4. Do step 5 or step 6 below for what folder to add the website as a favorite to.

5. To Add Website as a Favorite to Favorites Bar or Existing Folder in Favorites
    A) Under Create in, select either Favorites, Favorites Bar, or an existing folder (ex: Favorites) for where you want, click/tap on Add, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Add Website as a Favorite to a New Folder in Favorites
    A) Under Create in, select an exiting folder (ex: Favorites) that you want to create the new folder in. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the Create new folder link. (see screenshot below)

C) Type in a name (ex: Forums) you want for the new folder, click/tap on Add, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. You will now see the Add to Favorites
    icon turn yellow to indicate that the current website has been added to your Favorites. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Add Tabs to Favorites in Microsoft Edge

Note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 16215.

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Right click or press and hold on one of the tabs you have open, and click/tap on Add tabs to favorites. (see screenshot below)

3. All the sites open in tabs in the current window will now be added to your favorites in a date stamped "Tabs from" folder. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Remove a Website or Folder from Favorites in Microsoft Edge from Hub
    2. Click/tap on the Hub
    icon. (see screenshots below)

3. Right click or press and hold on the favorite or folder you want to remove, and click/tap on Delete.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Remove a Website or Folder from Favorites in Microsoft Edge from Favorites Bar

2. Right click on press and hold on the favorite or folder on the Favorites Bar you want to remove, and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] Reset and Delete All Favorites in Microsoft Edge using a BAT file

*Warning This option no longer works starting with at least Windows 10 version 1803 and greater.

Note The downloadable .bat file in this option will delete the file and folder below that will delete all favorites in Microsoft Edge including favorites from the Favorites Bar for your account.

Code:
    Tip You may wish to turn off syncing your Microsoft Favorites first. If you don't, they will just sync back after resetting and clearing your favorites.

1. Close Microsoft Edge if open.

2. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Delete_All_Favorites_in_Microsoft_Edge.bat

Download
    3. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

4. Unblock the .bat file.

5. Run the .bat file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

swarfega, Mar 31, 2015

2. With Windows 10, I have transfered my Windows 8 Favorites but can't figureout how to add or delete sites from the Favorite Bar.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you trying to add/remove favorites in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?

To add a site as favorite in Microsoft Edge, kindly follow the below given Microsoft article link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/add-a-site-to-my-favorites-in-microsoft-edge

To remove site marked as favorite in Microsoft Edge, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Right click on the site icon on favorite bar.
    • Click on Remove.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 31, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 31, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

It is there for

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\Spartan\User\Default\Favorite.

Dude, Apr 1, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's Favorites instead of Favorite though. *Wink

Brink, Apr 1, 2015
  6. Reldel Win User
    Favorites bar does not appear under Favorites, anyone found a way to remove a favorite from favorites bar?

Reldel, Apr 1, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Reldel,

Did you look to see if they are in the folder below to delete them from?

Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\Spartan\User\Default\Favorites\Links[/quote]

Brink, Apr 1, 2015
  8. Reldel Win User

[/quote] Thanks Brink, that worked.

Reldel, Apr 1, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 1, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 20, 2015
  11. rurimoon Win User
    I can rename the favorites, but how you modify the address of the favorites?

rurimoon, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hell Rurimoon, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You can do so by going to their folder locations in the note box at the top of the tutorial. Once there, right click on the favorite link, click on Properties, change URL link, and click OK to apply. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Mike1950 Win User

Being as there is no stupid question, on my favorites bar I have "Suggested Sites (2) through (5). I click on the Hub, click on favorites, sure enough there they are in all their glory. So I right click on them, the same as I do on the favorites bar, and yes it does give me the option of removing them. Only when I remove them (click on it), they just stay there like they belong. As I look above I see an "address". Where and how do I utilize this address?

Mike1950, Aug 6, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you haven't already, you might see if you can delete them from the folder location in the note box at the top of the tutorial. *Smile

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Mike1950 Win User
    Thank you Brink for your swift reply, I'm having some cognitive function problems so here goes;

If you haven't already, you might see if you can delete them from the folder location in the note box at the top of the tutorial...Where is this note box, and folder location?

A sidebar, I'm a misplaced Sooner myself.

Mike

Mike1950, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Microsoft

2. How to remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]This tutorial will show you how to delete duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser. […] This article How to remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  4. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  5. Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  6. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  7. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums....
  8. Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  9. Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Home Button in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  10. Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows How to Add, Remove, Export, and Merge Registry Favorites in Windows [img] Information If you use the Registry Editor to make customizations, check the contents of a particular key, or make fixes, you can save the key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete edge favorites

2. delete favorites bar folder in vertical drop menu edge win 10

3. delete favorites in windows 10 edge

4. %localappdata%\packages\microsoft.windows.spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy\ac\spartan\user\default\favorites