Windows 10: Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by brubakes, Aug 30, 2017.

1. brubakes Win User

Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10

Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature. Microsoft Print to PDF lets you create a PDF file of the contents of any web page or file without the need to use third-party software.

The .pdf file created by Microsoft Print to PDF can be opened by any app that supports this format. For example, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, etc...

Microsoft Edge is the default app used to open .pdf files with in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to add or remove the Microsoft Print to PDF printer for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove a printer.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in Settings
    • Option Two: To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in Devices and Printers
    • Option Three: To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in PowerShell
    • Option Four: To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in Command Prompt
    • Option Five: To Add "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer

EXAMPLE: "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, click/tap on Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers & scanners on the right side, and click/tap on Remove device. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in Devices and Printers
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.

2. Right click or press and hold on the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, and click/tap on Remove device. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Devices and Printers if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Enter the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Remove-Printer -Name "Microsoft Print to PDF"

3. You can now close PowerShell if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Remove "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow printui.exe /dl /n "Microsoft Print to PDF"

3. You can now close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Add "Microsoft Print to PDF" Printer
    1. Make sure that the Microsoft Print to PDF feature is currently turned on.

2. Do step 3 (Settings) or step 4 (Devices and Printers) for how you would like to open the Add Printer wizard.

3. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.
    A) Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, and click/tap on Add a printer or scanner on the right side. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the The printer that I want isn't listed link when it appears, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.
    A) Click/tap on Add a printer in the toolbar of Devices and Printers. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the The printer that I want isn't listed link, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Select (dot) Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Select (dot) Use an existing port, select PORTPROMPT: (Local Port) from its drop down menu, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

7. Select Microsoft in the left pane, select Microsoft Print to PDF in the right pane, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. Select (dot) Use the driver that is currently installed, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

9. Click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

10. Check or uncheck Set as the default printer for what you want, and click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

11. You can close Settings or Devices and Printers if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

brubakes, Aug 30, 2017

2. "Microsoft Print to PDF" saves documents as ".prn" files

Hi elisannec,

Did this happen after removing and manually re-adding "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer using Add a Printer wizard?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Microsoft print to PDF

Press Windows key + R

Type: control printers

Hit Enter

Delete the Microsoft Print to PDF printer.

In the same window, click Add printer. Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.

Click Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings then click Next

Select Use an existing port then click in the list box then select FILE: (Print to File)

Scroll down and select Microsoft under Manufacturer then scroll down and select Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers then click Next

Give the printer a name or leave the default, click Next. It should now appear as an available printer.

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/view-edit-prin...

Try printing and saving your documents to PDF again.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 30, 2017
Thema:

Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Microsoft

2. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF": Hi guys,i got few issue to install the print "Microsoft print to PDF"When i try to install manually the printer, in the list of driver of microsoft the driver for "Print to PDF" is missing.I disable the feature print to PDF/restart the PC and enable the feature again and...
  3. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF": Hi guys,i got few issue to install the print "Microsoft print to PDF"When i try to install manually the printer, in the list of driver of microsoft the driver for "Print to PDF" is missing.I disable the feature print to PDF/restart the PC and enable the feature again and...
  4. Can't install Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add A2, A1 & A0 to Microsoft print to pdf: When will Microsoft update their pdf printer to add additional sizes using an Add button or simply update it to allow for all drawing sizes. I found a lot of tutorials online. It does not work.Custom Page Sizes for Microsoft Print to PDF « Franklin Heath LtdMicrosoft Print to...
  6. How to show or hide Microsoft Print to PDF printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Microsoft Print to PDF printer in Windows 10: Microsoft Print to PDF option can help you save a webpage as PDF via any browser like Edge, Chrome, etc., and it is an in-built tool included in Windows 10. However, if you want to show or hide Microsoft Print to PDF printer in Windows 10, you can follow this tutorial. There...
  7. print to pdf printer removed unfortunately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    print to pdf printer removed unfortunately: I unfortunately removed the print to pdf printer. How can i get back or recover that? submitted by /u/sakisakhab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhi0g4/print_to_pdf_printer_removed_unfortunately/
  8. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  9. Problem with Microsoft's "Print to PDF" virtual printer.

Problem with Microsoft's "Print to PDF" virtual printer.: I can't create a coloured PDF using Microsoft's "Print to PDF". Creating a .pdf file, by using the Microsoft "Print to PDF", creates Black and White PDFs and not Coloured. Creating a .pdf file from the same as above original file, using another virtual printer i.e. Bullzip...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer

Microsoft Print to PDF unavailable in Windows Features and Add Printer: Microsoft Print to PDF is not listed as one of my printing options. When I go to add a printer and select Microsoft. Microsoft Print to PDF is not listed. [ATTACH] I also went to Window Features to turn it on and Microsoft Print to PDF was not listed. [ATTACH]...