Windows 10: Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows

How to Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" from Power Options in Windows

The Power Options allows users to specify the minimum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage may result in significantly better battery life, but possibly lower performance.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Minimum processor state setting under Processor power management in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

Contents
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Minimum processor state" in Power Options

Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1 Open an elevated command prompt.

2 Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3 You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" in Power Options using REG file
    The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1 Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Minimum processor state" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Minimum_processor_state_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Minimum processor state" from Power Options
    This is the default setting if supported by your processor.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Minimum_processor_state_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 3, 2017
  2. lx07 Win User
  3. Power Processor Performance

Hi Cynthia,

Have you installed any updates recently? Basically, there's a possibility that the
    Minimum and Maximum processor states became hidden due to possible changes or updates performed on your computer. However, if you want to have those settings again, then here's how you can get them back:

1. In Cortana search, type in cmd. Once you can see Command Prompt from the search results, right-click it, and select
      Run as administrator.
    2. In the command prompt window, type in the command below, and press Enter.

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec -ATTRIB_HIDE

3. Close the command prompt window.

Once done, check again the Power Options > Processor Power Management and see if the
    Minimum processor state and Maximum processor state options are back.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Vortex-5 Win User

Why is minimum processor state 5% by default and not 0% in the advanced power options windows 10

Just curious why 5% was selected as minimum processor state instead of 0% are there any benefits to 5% over 0%?

Suppose you have a laptop on battery does 0% potentially give you a lower processor state?

Vortex-5, Oct 27, 2019
  5. najtsirk Win User
    Power settings automatically changes the processor state to 100%.

Original Title: POWER PLAN

I have asus g501 and in avance power settings I have set the minimum processor state to 1% but when I save the settings and come back to check if everything is OK the minimum processor state jumps back to 100%. Why does it change on its own?

najtsirk, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Tryx3 Win User
    Power settings automatically changes the processor state to 100%.

The BIOS / UEFI contains reference tables that include processor power state threshold values set by the processor & system designers to achieve reliable processor behaviour. These tables are checked when certain system events occur [one is
    AC/DC power source transitions, I have not seen a definitive list] and are able to reset your proposed changes in Power options. That is why it can change on its own; it is by design and there is nothing users can do about it.

I am surprised that your Minimum processor state is being set to 100% however. I would have expected it to reset to what it considered to be an acceptable value [often 5%]. You could try

1 Entering 5% or 10% to see if that sticks, or

2 See what value is used in a power plan that you have not tried altering and copy that value, or

3 Reset the power plan to its default values.

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Minimum

2. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  3. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  4. Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...: SPECS: Win 10 (obv) i7 10700F 16GB 3000mhz 1660 Super So I used to set my processor states to prevent overheating, as my processor runs at 4.6 ghz, and only a few games can get it beyond what I like in terms of temp (80c+ or 176f+), as it generally rests around 80c/174f...
  5. How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10: By default, Windows uses a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 100% resources to run your apps and the operating system. If you do not want others to play with these settings, you can hide the Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 using Command Prompt...
  6. Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings: I tried the command prompt fix, downloading the registry file and running it and both didn't work to bring back those 2 options.I am running on Windows 10 20H2 version. Pls help asap...
  7. Minimum processor state / Noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimum processor state / Noise: Hey! My pc was making a strange scratching noise, low and not all the time but still very noticeable. With the case open I tried to find the source but I couldnt, it was somewhere near the cpu area though. I re-installed the cpu-fan and everything but nothing changed. PC was...
  8. "Max Processor State" removed from Processor Power Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Max Processor State" removed from Processor Power Management: Hi, My computer has issues with overclocking and overheating and I had found that the most reliable fix was to lower the max processor state to something more manageable (100% to 80%, etc). However, the option to do this in "power plan" settings has been removed somehow,...
  9. Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the maximum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage...
  10. Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options: How to: Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor frequency" from Power Options in Windows 10 Processor frequency specifies the operating frequency of the CPU's core(s) in MHz. The higher the frequency...