Windows 10: Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, users can click/tap on the Network icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information By default, users can click/tap on the Network icon on the sign-in screen to disconnect the PC from the network or connect the PC to other available networks without having to sign in to Windows.

This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Network icon on the lock and sign-in screens for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove the Network icon on the lock and sign-in screens.

Note Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, Microsoft has now updated the network flyout on the login screen to use the same familiar network flyout you’ve grown to love in the taskbar.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Network icon on lock and sign-in screens

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen using Group Policy

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

3. In the right pane of Logon in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not display network selection UI policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (add) or step 6 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen using a BAT file

Note The .bat files below will add/remove and modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

DontDisplayNetworkSelectionUI DWORD

(delete string value) = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove), below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Network_icon_on_Lock_and_Sign-in_screen.bat

Download

3. To Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Network_icon_on_Lock_and_Sign-in_screen.bat

Download

4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Right click or press and hold on the .bat file, and click/tap on Run as administrator.

7. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

8. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 6, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

Well, it was worth a try to see renaming the referenced network adapter would do the trick.

There may be a regedit option, but I'm afraid I don't know where the value is if there is one for it. *Sad

If it may help with the search, the tutorial below is for adding and removing the Network icon on the Lock and Sign-in screens.

*Arrow Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

Thank you for your help so far! If one encounters this problem and solves it, I would be happy if he informs me. It was great to chat with someone like you!!

Bromance902, Oct 26, 2019
  4. scottrh1 Win User

Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

Correct, but as the thread title suggests, it is for folk who don't need security & wish to remove the lock-screen and sign-in page in order to access the desk-top immediately.

scottrh1, Oct 26, 2019
  5. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

Hi,

It's possible that the option to show a background picture on your sign-in screen is disabled that's why
    Windows Spotlight is not showing there. To provide the best solution to the issue, we'd like to isolate it first by asking a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to enable the background picture on your sign-in screen:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Enable the option under Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Network Icon on Lock and Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Network

2. Add Sign Out option to lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Sign Out option to lock screen?: The 'Switch User' causes a fault with some of our corp apps, so users are required to sign out. But if someone locks a shared PC and goes home, there's no way to sign them out from the Windows 11 lock screen.The only option is 'Switch User' and this is no good. We can hide...
  3. Add Sign Out option to lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Sign Out option to lock screen?: The 'Switch User' causes a fault with some of our corp apps, so users are required to sign out. But if someone locks a shared PC and goes home, there's no way to sign them out from the Windows 11 lock screen.The only option is 'Switch User' and this is no good. We can hide...
  4. I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen: Hello,I have a school email whenever i log in to the school email into my microsft account, windows put a lock password with my account password or demand that i put a pin and i would like to remove those any locking. When the school account is logged in i cannot change...
  5. I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remove the sign in on the lock screen: Hello,I have a school email whenever i log in to the school email into my microsft account, windows put a lock password with my account password or demand that i put a pin and i would like to remove those any locking. When the school account is logged in i cannot change...
  6. Disable of the icon "Network sign-in" on Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable of the icon "Network sign-in" on Logon Screen: Hello. I need to disable the icon "Network sign-in" for VPN connection on Logon screen Windows 10 for all users programmatically C++. I know that the user can hide this screen by unchecking the checkbox “Allow other people to use this connection” VPN settings in Network and...
  7. Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, the Network icon (or Wi-Fi icon) is visible on both the sign-in […] This article Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.: I there anyway to remove the Ease of access on the Lock and Sign-in Screen please? 152271
  9. Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop: This solution works for Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, OS build 14393.1198. To remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page in Win 10 Home (i.e. go straight to Desktop from Startup or Sleep mode) you must first set up a password, even though you don’t require it, in order to get the...
  10. Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Menu Icon on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 The Power menu on the sign-in screen can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows. The Shutdown: Allow...