Windows 10: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows

How to Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows

The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and the Recycle Bin icon changes from empty to full.

If you have multiple hard drives, partitions, or an external hard drive connected to your PC, each location will have its own $Recycle.Bin and Recycle Bin settings. Removable drives, such as USB flash drives and memory cards, will not have a Recycle Bin. Files deleted from removable drives are permanently deleted.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Properties from the Recycle Bin context menu for specific or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove Properties from the Recycle Bin context menu.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Properties in Recycle Bin context menu

Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Desktop. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Desktop, double click/tap on the Remove Properties from the Recycle Bin context menu policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (add) or step 6 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add Properties to Recycle Bin Context Menu
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. sign in to apply.

8. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu using a BAT file

*note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoPropertiesRecycleBin DWORD

(delete) = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (thumbnails) or step 3 (classic icons) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Properties to Recycle Bin Context Menu for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Properties_to_Recycle_Bin_context_menu.bat

Download

3. To Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Properties_from_Recycle_Bin_context_menu.bat

Download

4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Right click or press and hold on the .bat file, click/tap on UAC.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker as a command prompt quickly opens and closes, and explorer restarts to apply the registry changes.

8. You could now delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 8, 2016

2. Recycle bin missing from send-to Context menu

Hi Ozzie, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis.

Microsoft for some unknown reason removed the Recycle Bin from the Context Menu though you can add it back in.

This should help:

How to Add Empty Recycle Bin to Context Menu in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/90558-add-e...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 26, 2019
  3. OzzieMatt Win User
    Recycle bin missing from send-to Context menu

Hi Rob - Thanks, that did the trick! Have a good day.

OzzieMatt, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. OzzieMatt Win User
    Add "Recycle Bin" to right click context menu of "Send to"

Does anyone know if it is possible to add "Recycle Bin" to the right-click context "Send To" list?

OzzieMatt, Oct 26, 2019
  6. pepanee Win User
    Recycle Bin Context Menu Glitch

I see. I just tried cutting a file, and right clicked on the Recycle Bin.
    Yes; Paste shows up as an entry. Okay, that makes sense, in a way. It's just strange to paste a file into the Recycle Bin; I'm only familiar with deleting a file to go to the Recycle Bin. It's just a new "term" in its own way.

I guess the reason why I saw it as a "bug" is because I'm not familiar with context menu entries being present and disappearing; usually a context menu item is clickable, or it's grayed out.

Okay it all makes sense now: Paste (move) a file into the Recycle Bin.

pepanee, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Properties

2. Change "Empty Recycle Bin" icon and text in context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change "Empty Recycle Bin" icon and text in context menu: I am looking to change the text possibly the icon displayed in the context menu when right clicking on the recycle bin. I have seem plenty of people show how to remove or add it from the context menu, but how would one alter it?...
  3. How to remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to allow other users of your PC access to the Recycle Bin Properties panel, then this post will help you […] This article How to remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. No icons in context menu - Recycle bin - file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons in context menu - Recycle bin - file explorer: Can anyone help - this is driving me nuts and I cannot find answer anywhere ! I used to have four icons (shown in photo) when I opened my recycle bin in File Explorer. Suddenly they all disappeared. How do I get them to reappear ?? I am am using Windows 10 Home edition. Any...
  5. Recycle Bin Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Context Menu Glitch: Hello, so this happens on rare occasions, from time to time. It really doesn't bother me, yet it just looks strange. When I right click on the Recycle Bin, an extra context menu entry shows up: Paste Nothing happens when I click on Paste. It's weird. .... Okay I just...
  6. Recycle Bin Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Properties: Hello, Recently I deleted some large folder. Got this message :"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin." So if I want to recover the folder from the Recycle Bin, these files will be missing. Is there some way to "repair" it ? Answers will be...
  7. Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows...
  8. Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows: How to: Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows Add or Remove Empty Recycle Bin Context Menu for Recycle Bin in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk,...
  9. Add Empty Recycle Bin to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Empty Recycle Bin to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Empty Recycle Bin to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Empty Recycle Bin to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk, Windows places it in the...
  10. Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your...