Windows 10: Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10

Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can directly share files using installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana Reminders, Facebook, etc...

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Share context menu from files for all users in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu.

Note When you right click on one or more selected files and click/tap on Share, you will then be able to share the file(s) using an app of your choice like below.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, Microsoft has redesigned the Windows sharing experience to be more app-focused and integrated with where you are sharing from. The new Windows Share experience will pop-up the new share flyout within the app you are sharing from and give you a list of applications you can share to. This list changes based on your usage.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16199, the Share flyout will now include contacts from your People app to share with.

EXAMPLE: "Share" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Share" to Context Menu of Files
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Share_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Share" from Context Menu of Files
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Share_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Dec 29, 2016
  2. Bruce Hagen, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Bruce Hagen, Dec 29, 2016
  4. garyb0125 Win User

Hey Shawn- Many thanks for this...sure is a convenient shortcut.! Works great from a file list window, but doesn't seem to work on a file on the desktop (Invalid Window handle?).

garyb0125, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Gary, *Smile

I just tested, and it's working for a .reg file on my desktop. What file type is the file that this is happening with for you? I'll test with the same type to see if it does the same for me.

As a test, does it do the same for you if you do it from within your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Desktop" folder?

Brink, Dec 30, 2016
  6. garyb0125 Win User
    As a test, does it do the same for you if you do it from within your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Desktop" folder? - The answer is that the Share context function works successfully from the Desktop folder.

Files that fail on the desktop include a .pdf file and a .docx file.

FWIW, here's a snapshot of my context menu.

garyb0125, Dec 30, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested with .pdf and .docx files on my desktop, and the Share context menu works for them.

I have Microsoft Edge set as the default program for .pdf files, and Word 2016 set as the default for .docx files.

Do these files open from the desktop without issue for you?

Brink, Dec 30, 2016
  8. garyb0125 Win User

I use the same program defaults as you and both open successfully. I just tried a .jpg file and it fails as well. I was wondering if the PDF Creator or Superantispyware context items are causing the problem, but they are in the context menu when try to share in the Desktop folder, and there it works successfully. Not sure what the problem is, but if you're successful, then there's something not right with my machine, and I'll need to think about it some more. Thanks for the help.

garyb0125, Dec 30, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Dec 30, 2016
  10. Happy to find this here! Removed the context menu entry that was suddenly put there by the Fall update...

Ten Forward, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Share Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Share

2. Optimize Drives context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Drives context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Drives context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Optimize Drives context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to...
  3. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  4. Edit with Photos context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit with Photos context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Edit with Photos context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Edit with Photos context menu in Windows 10 The Photos UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app is included by default in Windows 10. When the Photos app is set as the default app for...
  5. Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Select Context Menu in Windows 10 You can select one or multiple items in Windows to perform an action with. Normally, you could click/tap on the Home tab in File Explorer to be able to...
  6. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...
  7. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  8. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  9. Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Cast to Device in Windows 10 is a rebranded and improved version of Play To Device that was used in previous version of...
  10. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 The Open with context menu allows users to choose an app to open a file with. This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Open with context menu...