Windows 10: Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 When you sign in without needing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10

When you sign in without needing to restart the PCbut even if someone else turns off the PC, your info won't be lost.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Sign out in the Start menu, Alt+F4 Shut Down Windows dialog, and Win+X menu for specific or all users in Windows 10.

*note This doesn't affect "Sign out" on the Ctrl+Alt+Delete screen, and doesn't affect users from being able to sign out using other methods.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove "Sign out".

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Sign out" Option in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Sign out" Option for All Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Sign out" option

*Arrow Alt+F4 Shut Down Windows dialog

Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 [​IMG]

*Arrow User button in Start menu

*Arrow Win+X Quick Link menu

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Sign out" Option in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar. (See screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Start Menu and Taskbar, double click/tap on the Remove Logoff on the Start Menu policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (add) or step 6 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add "Sign out" Option
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Remove "Sign out" Option
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Sign out" Option for All Users using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

StartMenuLogOff DWORD

(delete) = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Sign out" Option for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Sign_out_option.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Sign out" Option for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Sign_out_option.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 9, 2015

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  3. manley1 Win User
    sign in option removal

Hello, I am writing because I would like to know what are the steps to remove the sign in option on the Windows 10 startup screen? I am using a Windows ten latitude laptop.

manley1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Naresh_K Win User
    Using Sign in options in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that Windows will ask you for the sign in option using which you logged in last time. So please change the sign in options and it should work fine. Here are steps to change the sign in options:

1. While sign-in/logging-in to your computer, click on Sign-in Options.

Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 07d0862c-8647-43d0-bd03-26f5f7c48b5e?upload=true.png

2. Then click on Pin or Password and enter the same.

3. Now sign-off and you should be able to see the option that you used last time to sign-in.

You can also consider removing and add Pin again to make sure it is set up properly.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Sign

2. Add Sign Out option to lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Sign Out option to lock screen?: The 'Switch User' causes a fault with some of our corp apps, so users are required to sign out. But if someone locks a shared PC and goes home, there's no way to sign them out from the Windows 11 lock screen.The only option is 'Switch User' and this is no good. We can hide...
  3. Add Sign Out option to lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Sign Out option to lock screen?: The 'Switch User' causes a fault with some of our corp apps, so users are required to sign out. But if someone locks a shared PC and goes home, there's no way to sign them out from the Windows 11 lock screen.The only option is 'Switch User' and this is no good. We can hide...
  4. Can't add Sign in option

Can't add Sign in option: Hello,I have a HP envy laptop. I used to have a finger print option when i sign in. This morning I went to sign in and the finger print and pinwindows hello option was not working. I tried restarting my password, reset and update my laptop. I did not have the option to add...
  5. Can't add Sign in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Sign in option: Hello,I have a HP envy laptop. I used to have a finger print option when i sign in. This morning I went to sign in and the finger print and pinwindows hello option was not working. I tried restarting my password, reset and update my laptop. I did not have the option to add...
  6. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  7. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  8. Windows 10 locked out, no Sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 locked out, no Sign in options: The story: My machine's admin account is my Live account hotmail. I added a new local account. I logged out and attempted to login under the new local account and received an error that the Sign in service failed. The lockscreen does not display any other profiles to...
  9. Remove sign in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove sign in option: Help!! I am visually impaired and have tried to remove the sign in option when I turn on my laptop because I can't see well enough to fill in the boxes or use the keyboard (I actually have someone else typing this for me.) Unfortunately I've gone wrong. I pressed Windows...
  10. sign out option

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign out option: Ok i without realising i signed into my Windows 10 computer and accidentally put myself as the owner of the computer, but i'm not and this is someone elses computer, so now when i want to sign out from being the owner so that i don't waste my time, i can't find any sign out...