Windows 10: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

Discus and support Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

How to: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon.

If you like, you can add or remove items for the toolbar and overflow menu to customize the toolbar how you like in Firefox.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to add or remove items for the toolbar and overflow menu in Firefox Quantum for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Toolbar and Overflow Menu in Firefox

OPTION ONE [/i] Add Items to Toolbar in Firefox
    1. Open Firefox.
    2. If you have items in the Overflow Menu you want to add to the Toolbar, click/tap on the More tools button
    , right click or press and hold on an item you want from the Overflow Menu, and click/tap on Unpin from Overflow Menu. (see screenshot below)

OR
    3. Click/tap on the Menu button
    , and click/tap on Customize. (see screenshot below)

4. Perform one of the following actions below you want to use to add an item to the toolbar. Click/tap on Done when finished.
    A) Drag and drop a favorite item you want to where you want on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

B) Drag and drop an item you want from the Overflow Menu to where you want on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

C) Right click or press and hold on a favorite item you want, and click/tap on Add to Toolbar. You can now drag and drop the item in the order you want it on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

D) Right click or press and hold on an item you want from the Overflow Menu, and click/tap on Unpin from Overflow Menu. You can now drag and drop the item in the order you want it on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Add Items to Toolbar Overflow Menu in Firefox
    1. Open Firefox.

2. If you have items on the Toolbar you want to add to the Overflow Menu, right click or press and hold on an item you want on the Toolbar, and click/tap on Pin to Overflow Menu. (see screenshots below)

OR
    3. Click/tap on the Menu button

4. Perform one of the following actions below you want to use to add an item to the Overflow Menu. Click/tap on Done when finished.
    A) Drag and drop a favorite item you want into the Overflow Menu. (see screenshot below)

B) Drag and drop an item you want from the Toolbar into the Overflow Menu. (see screenshot below)

C) Right click or press and hold on a favorite item you want, and click/tap on Add to Overflow Menu. (see screenshot below)

D) Right click or press and hold on an item you want on the Toolbar, and click/tap on Pin to Overflow Menu. (see screenshots below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Remove Items from Toolbar in Firefox
    1. Open Firefox.

2. Right click or press and hold on an item on the toolbar you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from Toolbar. (see screenshots below)

OR
    3. Click/tap on the More tools button
    , right click or press and hold on an item in the Overflow Menu you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from Toolbar. (see screenshot below)

OR
    4. Click/tap on the Menu button

5. Perform one of the following actions below you want to use to remove an item from the toolbar. Click/tap on Done when finished.
    A) Drag and drop an item on the toolbar you want to remove to favorite items. (see screenshot below)

B) Drag and drop an item you want in the Overflow Menu you want to remove to favorite items. (see screenshot below)

C) Right click or press and hold on an item on the toolbar you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from Toolbar. (see screenshots below)

D) Right click or press and hold on an item in the Overflow Menu you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from Toolbar. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 18, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Oct 26, 2019
  5. how to remove plaxo toolbar from outlook 2016

I am running Windows 10 - upgrade from Windows 7.

I also use Office 365 Proplus.

Plaxo Toolbar was installed on prior versions of Outlook.

Upgrading to Outlook 2016 fails to include Plaxo Toolbar which includes sync of my contacts.

Attempting to reinstall Plaxo Toolbar - to provide access to my contacts, results in error message to uninstall previous version of Plaxo Toolbar.

Using Control Panel/Programs and Features to uninstall the toolbar removes entry from list of installed programs but attempts to install new toolbar results in error message - Must remove previous version of toolbar before proceeding.

The toolbar is no longer an item in the list of installed programs.

I was advised to download and run a program from Microsoft that will install or remove programs from Windows 10.

You must select the program that you want to remove - Plaxo Toolbar is not a listed program.

You must then select - Not shown.

You must then provide the Windows 10 product key - a 25 character string.

Entering the product key for my Windows 10 results in message - Enter a valid 38 character product code or key.

I am guessing the 38 character license is the digital license that I am unable to locate.

Any advice on how to remove Plaxo Toolbar from Outlook 2016 / Windows 10?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Robert Guice, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

1. Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox - Similar Threads - Add Remove Toolbar

2. Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox): After an attempt a few months ago, I jumped back to Firefox and then immediately remembered what prevented me from staying before. It is now showing in my context menu under 'Open With...' for PDFs. I use two programs to open PDFs, the secondary also starting with 'F,' so...
  3. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  4. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  5. Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?

in Browsers and Email
    Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?: Does any member know how to autohide bookmark toolbar? I entered a code from mozilla forum and pasted into userChrome.css folder ..but code does not work. There was a Firefox extension..Autohide Bookmark Toolbar but this does not work for Firefox 68.0.01 Is there another...
  6. Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox [img] Information The title bar is at the top of Firefox. It includes the Firefox icon in the top left corner, and the full title of the currently opened tab. The title bar is not added by default in Firefox since it does take...
  7. Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox How to Add or Remove Recent Highlights in Library Menu in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. The Library item on...
  8. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your address bar combined into a single bar. New installs of Firefox Quantum will see this unified bar. If you prefer separate...
  9. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...