Windows 10: Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options in Windows 10

The Power Saving Mode setting under Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options allows you to control the power saving mode of wireless adapters.

The strength and performance of your wireless network will decrease as you increase power savings, but your battery life will increase.

There are four power saving modes available to select from:

[table][tr][td]Power Saving Mode[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Maximum Performance[/td] [td]Achieve maximum wireless performance and no power savings.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Low Power Saving[/td] [td]Achieve minimum power savings.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Medium Power Saving[/td] [td]Balance between performance and power savings based on network traffic.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Maximum Power Saving[/td] [td]Achieve maximum power savings.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Power Saving Mode under Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options

Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1\12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings"
    2 = Add "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings"

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Wireless_Adapter_Settings_Power_Saving_Mode_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Power Saving Mode" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Wireless_Adapter_Settings_Power_Saving_Mode_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 19, 2017

2. Why is "Wireless Adapter Settings" missing from Windows 10 power options?

...and more importantly, how do I get it back?? I need to complete the steps described here:

Power Options - Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings

...in order to avoid constant wifi drops and timeouts. I'm using an MS Surface Pro 3, and was able to find and adjust these options when it was on Windows 8.1. But after upgrading to Windows 10, I can't find
    Wireless Adapter Settings in the advanced power options. All I see is
    Desktop background settings, Sleep, Power buttons and lid, Display, and
    Battery.
    When I click Change settings that are currently unavailable, it has no effect - all I see is what was there before, no new options appear.

Is this some kind of bug? Or is there something else I have to do in order to adjust power use by the wireless adapter? I need to set it to always be on maximum performance.

bandwithCap, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Missing Advanced Power Options

I'm not sure what DP control is, but here are the others you mentioned. *Smile

Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows

Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10

Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2019
  6. xkm1948 Win User
    PSA Windows 10 + Adaptive Voltage/Offset voltage and you

I have speed step and all the other power saving option enabled.

So now after setting the system power profile, disable fast boot in uefi, disable hybrid sleep in windows 10 my system has been BSOD free.

xkm1948, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Wireless

2. Wireless adapter power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless adapter power management: [ATTACH] Hi all. I am having a little bit of a problem with my windows10. My WIFI keeps pausing every so often and I have no internet. I've researched it and it seems that this is because Windows is managing power on the Network adapter and it possibly has the option for...
  3. Add or Remove Adaptive backlight from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Adaptive backlight from Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Adaptive backlight from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Adaptive backlight" from Power Options in Windows 10 The Adaptive backlight setting in Power Options allows users to specify how to optimize the color and backlight of the...
  4. Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Adaptive display from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Adaptive display" from Power Options in Windows The turn off the display if you repeatedly turn on the display with the keyboard or mouse. If the user provides input to the...
  5. Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Power button action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Power button action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the system hardware power button on the PC is pressed....
  6. Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to configure the link power management mode for disk and storage...
  7. Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options: How to: Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor frequency" from Power Options in Windows 10 Processor frequency specifies the operating frequency of the CPU's core(s) in MHz. The higher the frequency...
  8. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Internet Explorer Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer from Power Options in Windows The JavaScript Timer Frequency setting under the Internet Explorer power option can slow down the java script animations and execution...
  9. Add or Remove Allow wake timers to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Allow wake timers to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Allow wake timers to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Allow wake timers" from Power Options in Windows 10 The Allow wake timers setting in Power Options allows Windows to automatically wake your computer from sleep on a timer for...
  10. Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Energy Saver settings to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Energy Saver settings" Power Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver (aka: Energy Saver) feature that conserves your PC's battery by limiting background...