Windows 10: Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; This is perfect, thanks a lot! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Boozad, May 13, 2015.

1. zenf Win User

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

This is perfect, thanks a lot!

2. It happens every single time on two different machines, so I know I'm not double clicking. I successfully removed the mod and then reinstalled it and it still occurs. Very strange...

goodtimes50, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I must admit that I'm not sure why it's opening two windows of just "Desktop Background" for you.

As a test, manually run it's command below to see if it does the same.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,@desktop

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Yes, this causes two windows to open as well. I did notice that the first time I ran it it did not cause this behavior, but every time after that does. It seems that the first time I open the window after booting up it only opens one window, but every time after that it opens two.

goodtimes50, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting. When you close it, check in Task Manager to see if it's process (Desktop Background under Windows Explorer) may still be running in the background for some odd reason.

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  6. BC66 Win User
    hello, Brink
    this is great!
    thanks for this information

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome BC66. *Smile

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

This does indeed spawn two Desktop Background processes and I believe I discovered why. I have "Launch folder windows under a separate process" enabled in Folder Options. If I disable that setting then it only opens one window.

goodtimes50, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good find. That's what is causing it. I'll add a note to the tutorial now.

Brink, Aug 11, 2015
  10. BarnOwl Win User
    Thanks a lot for this solution. I had a hard time finding the advanced theme settings on Windows 10. But this proved to be the simplest one. Everything is working fine now! *Smile

BarnOwl, Sep 30, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome BarnOwl, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Sep 30, 2015
  12. Hopachi Win User
    Thank you for another great tutorial Shawn!
    This simplifies it again for us theme-fans. *Smile
    It's good to be on TenForums!

Hopachi, Oct 1, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Horace. I'm glad is could help. *Smile

Brink, Oct 1, 2015
  14. Thanks, really couldnt see how to change display timings on theme pictures without this....

reddwarf4ever, Nov 3, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Personalize classic

2. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  3. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  4. My Context Menu stayed Classic??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Context Menu stayed Classic??: Hi. I'm having a problem: didn't change Windows with cmd or regedit, but my Context Menu stayed classic: As you can see in picture, lines choosed is all blue; noy gray. Why is so, different?? And i downloaded registries to fix this problem: nothing changes. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Personalizing our Desktop as per our wish is what we people love the most. Since the release of Windows 10, all the personalizing menu has […] This article How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  7. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  8. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  9. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...
  10. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...