Windows 10: Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thanks here too *Smile Finally found some way (or rather found someone who found some way) to get the theme creator back in windows 10. As a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Boozad, May 13, 2015.

1. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Thanks here too *Smile
    Finally found some way (or rather found someone who found some way) to get the theme creator back in windows 10.

As a little thanks, here is my version of your reg file...
    (Difference is that i found (After some hours of searching the registry), the correct MUI strings for some of the items...)
    (With other words, some of the names are now localized).

newmui.reg

rallymoose, Dec 5, 2015
  2. PeterleB Win User

I went the easy route and translated only the strings into German.

german-windows-10-a-add_personalize-classic_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

PeterleB, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Hey Shawn, the Color and Appearance portion doesn't seem to be working correctly on my machine(Build 10586.36) since the last round of updates. How about on yours?
    Buy not working correctly, I mean it doesn't set colors right, and I can't even set black...

Cliff S, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Hey Cliff,

Yeah, the color mixer definitely doesn't work as well as used to. *Sad

Brink, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I don't think it has worked properly since Build 10240!

Edwin, Dec 18, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The tutorial has been updated to now include the classic Control Panel versions of Notification Area Icons and System Icons in the "Personalize (Classic)" context menu.

Brink, Feb 28, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    @Brink
    *Thumbs

and Thank You!

Edwin, Feb 28, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 28, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    @Brink:
    FYI: the "Change Text Size" entry in your 'Personalization (Classic)' Menu now reroutes you to the Settings App. *Sad

Edwin, Apr 6, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Edwin. I'll take a look and play with it.

Brink, Apr 6, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @Edwin,

Ok. All fixed now. You can download and merge the new Add_Personalize-classic_to_desktop_context_menu.reg file to update it to show the classic Display screen again. *Smile

Brink, Apr 7, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    You da King! *Smile
    Thank You, Sir! *Smile

Edwin, Apr 7, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 7, 2016
  14. I just installed version Win insider 14361 and this has stopped working for all of the "old" context clicks. The Personalize (classic) still show up on a right click to desktop, but when I go to change, say, Desktop Background, the screen flickers and the taskbar icons start reloading again. Back to the old 1 minute or 10 minute desktop background changes. Gadgets are now dead as well except for 8Gadgets.

John Pombrio, Jun 7, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you John for letting me know.

It appears to be some sort of bug in build 14361. If you manually run the commands used by the .reg file to open the context menu items, they open just fine, but for some reason they are not working from the context menu. It seems like it just restarts explorer instead.

Brink, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Personalize classic

2. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  3. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  4. My Context Menu stayed Classic??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Context Menu stayed Classic??: Hi. I'm having a problem: didn't change Windows with cmd or regedit, but my Context Menu stayed classic: As you can see in picture, lines choosed is all blue; noy gray. Why is so, different?? And i downloaded registries to fix this problem: nothing changes. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Personalizing our Desktop as per our wish is what we people love the most. Since the release of Windows 10, all the personalizing menu has […] This article How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  7. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  8. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  9. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...
  10. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Add Personalize Classic to Desktop Context Menu