Windows 10: Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Yep. they do work but not from a desktop right click. Whew. At least there is a temporary workaround. I will keep testing this on every new build and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Boozad, May 13, 2015.

1. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Yep. they do work but not from a desktop right click. Whew. At least there is a temporary workaround. I will keep testing this on every new build and see when (if) they start working again from the desktop and will post here. Thanks Brink!

John Pombrio, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

John,

Yep, it's a bug in Windows that'll hopefully get sorted soon.

Brink, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Fixed in the latest 14367 Preview build. right clicking on the personalize classic now shows up the old classic menu.

John Pombrio, Jun 17, 2016
  4. redstang Win User

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Recently installed Win10 and the inability to customize the photos in themes was driving me crazy. Thanks so much for this! Why on earth would they strip that functionality out of 10?

redstang, Jul 23, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome redstang, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Jul 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    This tutorial has been updated for Theme Settings, Color and Appearance and Desktop Background to work again in the context menu to open to their Control Panel locations. *Smile

Brink, Mar 12, 2017
  7. Mr GRiM Win User
    Thanks for this Brink, been trying to figure out how to get the old personalization menu back on the Creators Update, the Change Text Size doesn't seem to be working but all the others work great.

Mr GRiM, Mar 30, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Mr GRiM. *Smile

Yeah, the "Change Text Size" settings has been removed from Windows 10 Creators Update, but you can still manually change them from the links in the blue note box at the top of the tutorial.

Brink, Mar 30, 2017
  9. DDT2005 Win User
    I just registered here for the first time. Several years experience. Anyway, regarding this tutorial and build 15063, I'm finding many things not working as it used to. Is the reg file going to be updated?

DDT2005, Mar 30, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello DDT2005, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The .reg files have already been updated a while back to work for build 15063.

Currently, the only item that doesn't work is "Change Text Size", but I left it in there for now since it will still work in older builds. The blue note box at the top of the tutorial will provide links on how to manually change text size in build 15063 though.

Brink, Mar 30, 2017
  11. DDT2005 Win User
    I just couldn't get anything to work with this, which is why I registered and posted in this thread. I ended up having to restart my machine for another reason and this mod started working again. Thanks for your work.

DDT2005, Mar 31, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    These four are 'borked' again in Build 16170! *Confused (p•i•t•a)

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 7, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @Edwin, *Smile

Nar, the updated version in the tutorial still works.

You can download and merge the updated Add_Personalize-classic_to_desktop_context_menu.reg file in the tutorial to update it.

Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    DOH!!!
    Gotta remember to delete those old reg files!!! *Redface
    @Brink, sorry bout that, and thank you!

Edwin, Apr 7, 2017
  15. TheArcher Win User
    After installing Windows 10 Creators Update and reinstalling Personalization (Classic) I can no longer find Unsaved Theme in my Themes window.

TheArcher, Apr 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Personalize classic

2. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  3. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  4. My Context Menu stayed Classic??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Context Menu stayed Classic??: Hi. I'm having a problem: didn't change Windows with cmd or regedit, but my Context Menu stayed classic: As you can see in picture, lines choosed is all blue; noy gray. Why is so, different?? And i downloaded registries to fix this problem: nothing changes. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Personalizing our Desktop as per our wish is what we people love the most. Since the release of Windows 10, all the personalizing menu has […] This article How to add Personalize (Classic) to Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  7. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  8. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  9. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...
  10. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...